The Official 2024 MLB Season Thread

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Here's some food for thought: Connor Norby was the one prospect Baltimore traded away at the deadline though he wasn't regarded like the other guys in Baltimore's system. His slash line is .286/.330/.583 for a .913 OPS in 21 games with Miami.

The O's refused to trade Jackson Holliday and Coby Mayo and both have been absolute dogshyt (besides Holliday having one hot stretch the week after he got brought up a second time).

They're all young and it's small sample sizes but it would be hilarious if Norby becomes the best of the bunch while Holliday and Mayo are just meh. As always, if you're in a position to win it all, sell the fukking farm and go all-in. The odds are always against these guys panning out.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Vlad is hitting .321 with 28 HRs and 94 RBIs
a0MC2Ei.png

Trips

Superstar
Daps
Here's some food for thought: Connor Norby was the one prospect Baltimore traded away at the deadline though he wasn't regarded like the other guys in Baltimore's system. His slash line is .286/.330/.583 for a .913 OPS in 21 games with Miami.

The O's refused to trade Jackson Holliday and Coby Mayo and both have been absolute dogshyt (besides Holliday having one hot stretch the week after he got brought up a second time).

They're all young and it's small sample sizes but it would be hilarious if Norby becomes the best of the bunch while Holliday and Mayo are just meh. As always, if you're in a position to win it all, sell the fukking farm and go all-in. The odds are always against these guys panning out.
Doesn't help that Trevor Rogers has been absolute garbage. The O's log jam was real. But, I feel like they probably should have moved Kjerstad, Stowers and Westburg if the return was going to be Trevor Rogers. But Norby was always going to be odd man out in the Jackson/Gunnar 2B/SS situation.

Trips

Superstar
Daps
Vlad is hitting .321 with 28 HRs and 94 RBIs
a0MC2Ei.png
I haven't caught much of his tape this year. But, I felt the last couple of years he's been trying to hit HR's over just trying to hit. I feel like if he adopted an approach more like his dad, the HRs would just come maybe not like crazy high numbers but felt 30+ should have been safe

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202
O's offense these days is making the 2000 Ravens' look like the modern-day Chiefs. :scust:

Staying positive, though. Still in great shape for the playoffs, and they have one more shot at the NYY. Maybe they flip a switch, build some momentum going into October.

Trips

Superstar
Daps
O's offense these days is making the 2000 Ravens' look like the modern-day Chiefs. :scust:

Staying positive, though. Still in great shape for the playoffs, and they have one more shot at the NYY. Maybe they flip a switch, build some momentum going into October.
I don't like the O's bullpen or how Hyde is deploying them.
For as good as Elias built the Astros and the O's he's still never been great with finding Starters without FA/Trades. Unfortunately for the O's outside of Burnes he's not really killed it trading for SP's. Eflin has been solid. Rogers is doo doo.
If the O's bats get hot though in the playoffs they will be a problem for anyone. And if Judge goes on another homerless streak and Soto matches him the Yankees are beatable.