The Official 2024 MLB Season Thread

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Scott Harris better get a really nice haul for Flaherty with the way these deals have been going. I hope these teams weren't offering similar packages and he turned them down hoping for more before they moved on. He should be dangling their bullpen arms too.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
At this point he should just retire. His last good year was 2 years ago and he's had a ton of injury issues since 2019. He's not going to win anytime soon with the Angels, he's not getting younger, he's not getting healthier, and it's not like he likes the spot light.

Get out and enjoy the money. If he gets bored, he can get a gig with the weather channel
Too much money on the table

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jack Flaherty was a pity signing for the Tigers and it paid off well for them.
Nobody wanted that guy last winter. Somehow he put together a really strong season and now he's one of the premier trade chips this summer.

The Yankees are wise to kick the tires on him. And the Tigers should be asking for a lot because they need all the prospects they can get.

That said, looking at this as a Yankees fan, I wouldn't give up someone like Jasson Dominguez or Spencer Jones. Chase Hampton is hurt so he's off the table.

I would imagine Detroit is looking at someone younger to fit their timeline, because they aren't going to be very good now. So maybe shortstops George Lombard Jr or Roderick Arias. Pitcher Henry Lalane, outfielder Brandon Mayea, outfielder Francisco Vilorio. I can't say that I'm familiar with these guys but scrolling through their top prospects, those are the guys in their teens that would make sense in my mind.

That said, if Detroit does move Flaherty for very young prospects, that indeed signals that their winning timeline is 4-5 years in the future, and therefore would put me on notice that Tarik Skubal will be moved relatively soon also -- because there's no reason to hang onto him when he'd be 32 or whatever when the talent around him catches up.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

you could remove our 14 AND 15 game losing streaks and we would still have the worst win % in the league

I told you guys in April this would be an time bad team

the sick thing is with the new MLB Draft rules, the BEST we can draft next year is 10th :why:

and the cherry on top of all this shyt is we ran Jason Benetti out of town, arguably the best play by play guy in the biz for the worst play by play guy in John Schriffen, who is a complete joke

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My goodness.
Andrew Benintendi is only 29 years old?
It feels like he hasn't been good for 10 years. Well I guess he just turned 30 a few weeks ago.

From the White Sox, I'm shocked that Andrew Vaughn isn't a great player. I thought that guy would be an all star.