The Official 2024 MLB Season Thread

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

If he wasn't such a jackass he'd be back in the league right now. I know nothing about him personally and he seems annoying. I'd hate to have to deal with him personally in a locker room.

He doesn't have a right to be in the league, and nobody is under any obligation to sign him. He's not good enough to justify the headache.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
The announcer yesterday said the Mets are 13-6 in June, color me surprised
full

Vientos hitting a homerun at Wrigley into Sammy Sosa territory
full

Severino out there looking like a prime Roger Clemens battling hitters and sh*t
full

full

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
If he wasn't such a jackass he'd be back in the league right now. I know nothing about him personally and he seems annoying. I'd hate to have to deal with him personally in a locker room.

He doesn't have a right to be in the league, and nobody is under any obligation to sign him. He's not good enough to justify the headache.

I wouldn’t trust a significant bag to someone that pulls hoes off IG

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
That triple play really annoys the fukk out of me. Zach McKinstry is an absolute scrub and should be benched for the game and DFA'd afterwards. He really watched the pitcher catch the fukking ball and then continued running down the line. :what:

Trips

Superstar
Daps
I hate O'neil Cruz so much!!!

This dude will go 0/20 when I have him in my lineup

Then he will go like 3/12 on my bench with 2 hrs, 8 rbis, and a SB

rage.gif

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This will probably go under the radar, but Pirates SS Oneil Cruz will probably have a better season than Reds SS/3B Elly de la Cruz.
It's June 25th.

Elly de la Cruz:
.249/.342/.464
.806 OPS
37 stolen bases
3.3 fWAR

Oneil de la Cruz:
.243/.296/.433
.729 OPS
6 stolen bases
1.2 fWAR

Elly has shown that he's the more dynamic player so far.
Bat tracking suggests that Oneil has the more powerful bat, although not by a ton -- or perhaps better said -- he's yet to make the best use of his power.

Projections suggest Oneil's remainder of 2024 will slightly edge out Elly's, but at this point I don't think anything will happen to make people think he's the better player.

I think Cincinnati clearly has to build around Elly.
I think Pittsburgh doesn't necessarily have to build around Oneil, but they have to make sure his size doesn't make him a liability defensively for Skenes and Jones. Offensively, Oneil is just as big as Aaron Judge, but he doesn't have Judge's plate discipline.