god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
14o0imqy7t5d1.png

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well, overrated is less of an actual ability and more of a public perception.

I think the top 3 overrated players from this list...in my mind...would be

1. Manny Machado
2. Pete Alonso
3. Elly de la Cruz

Manny Machado was openly compared to Alex Rodriguez when he was younger. He's way off from that. There was a brief moment in Baltimore where it looked he like could be on that path. Granted, he's 31 years old now and has 12-13 years under his belt so I suppose some decline has always been inevitable. But he should technically still be in his prime years and he's probably not even a Top 5 third baseman in 2024.

It's not that I think Alonso is a bad player. But there's this perception of him being this elite 1B, and the reality is he's kind of in that 2nd tier of guys. In terms of peak he's never been and won't ever be on that Bryce Harper/Freddie Freeman level. He's way more in that Christian Walker tier -- a guy who has power, but I don't see him being MVP caliber...and people kind of think that because he knocked 40-50 HR a couple of times.

Elly de la Cruz is definitely an exciting player. Athletic as hell. I totally get the hype around this kid. He's just not polished. He got off to a scorching hot April, but like many of us predicted...he just doesn't have the plate discipline to be consistent. When you OPS .962 in April and OPS .585 in May...clearly there's work to do. I predicted that Oneil Cruz would have a better season than Elly de la Cruz, and that might not come true, but more and more it's looking like the gap between them isn't as wide as people thought a month ago. If Elly could NOT strike out so much, he'd be a monster. But right now, he's overrated.

Trips

Superstar
Daps

1. Manny Machado
2. Pete Alonso
3. Elly de la Cruz

Manny Machado was openly compared to Alex Rodriguez when he was younger. He's way off from that. There was a brief moment in Baltimore where it looked he like could be on that path. Granted, he's 31 years old now and has 12-13 years under his belt so I suppose some decline has always been inevitable. But he should technically still be in his prime years and he's probably not even a Top 5 third baseman in 2024.

It's not that I think Alonso is a bad player. But there's this perception of him being this elite 1B, and the reality is he's kind of in that 2nd tier of guys. In terms of peak he's never been and won't ever be on that Bryce Harper/Freddie Freeman level. He's way more in that Christian Walker tier -- a guy who has power, but I don't see him being MVP caliber...and people kind of think that because he knocked 40-50 HR a couple of times.

Elly de la Cruz is definitely an exciting player. Athletic as hell. I totally get the hype around this kid. He's just not polished. He got off to a scorching hot April, but like many of us predicted...he just doesn't have the plate discipline to be consistent. When you OPS .962 in April and OPS .585 in May...clearly there's work to do. I predicted that Oneil Cruz would have a better season than Elly de la Cruz, and that might not come true, but more and more it's looking like the gap between them isn't as wide as people thought a month ago. If Elly could NOT strike out so much, he'd be a monster. But right now, he's overrated.
Manny basically broke out with Harper and Trout. And he's not kept pace with them at all. I've heard some injury chatter on him this year. But he's way off his projections and norms this season.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

1. Manny Machado
2. Pete Alonso
3. Elly de la Cruz

I think the only person who thinks Pete is elite is his agent. It definitely isn't Cohen and Stearns if the leaks about his contract offer are true. I like Pete, I hope he reigns and retires in Queens, but he needs to come off the price.

I think don't think anybody really thinks he's elite. He is just consistent and is great at what he does. Boras should have locked him in the batting cage during the off-season. He should have told him the higher the k rate, the lower the AAV.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
This cubs team irritating af , just blew another mlb leading save but they talking about buying at the deadline

29th ranked defense ,bullpen sucks ,offense mid/sucks.starting pitching the only good consistent thing they got.they have mad dead money comin off the books after this season let pca,Canario ,caissie etc get some run then shore up weaknesses this winter instead of trading prospects just to get smoked by Phillies or dodgers if they even make it

Trips

Superstar
Daps
This cubs team irritating af , just blew another mlb leading save but they talking about buying at the deadline

29th ranked defense ,bullpen sucks ,offense mid/sucks.starting pitching the only good consistent thing they got.they have mad dead money comin off the books after this season let pca,Canario ,caissie etc get some run then shore up weaknesses this winter instead of trading prospects just to get smoked by Phillies or dodgers if they even make it
Feel like every time I look up Morel has gone yard again.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Feel like every time I look up Morel has gone yard again.

He’s got power & his #’s will be better when the peripherals even out.that’s my man 100 grand but he’s also the worst defender in mlb look it up drs & oaa he’s dead last in both :mjcry:

Cubs took TWO back to back 5 run comebacks at home to beat the white sox :snoop: they are not good rn