The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Hate this narrative so much….

You only hear it when teams are losing. Heard it about Michigan until they started winning again, Heard it about ND until they started winning again, Heard it about GT until they started winning, Stanford, etc.
@Rekkapryde we were a proper country! :damn:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Hate this narrative so much….

You only hear it when teams are losing. Heard it about Michigan until they started winning again, Heard it about ND until they started winning again, Heard it about GT until they started winning, Stanford, etc.
?

Michigan and ND even when down get recruits. Michigan is the top school in its state. ND is the premier private school for football.

Stanford is a premier academic university, but they also have a WIDE variety of majors. I think if we had close to the same amount of majors, especially liberal arts, as the bigger state schools AND dropped the calculus requirement for everyone, that we'd do even better IMO with recruiting.

That being said, Coach Key is doing good on the recruiting front.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
?

Michigan and ND even when down get recruits. Michigan is the top school in its state. ND is the premier private school for football.

Stanford is a premier academic university, but they also have a WIDE variety of majors. I think if we had close to the same amount of majors, especially liberal arts, as the bigger state schools AND dropped the calculus requirement for everyone, that we'd do even better IMO with recruiting.

That being said, Coach Key is doing good on the recruiting front.
They get recruits, The excuse when they were losing was always they couldn't get the same level of recruits as the Bamas, Georgias, Clemsons, Ohio States, LSUs, etc. because of the academic standards and it's why they couldn't compete with them.

Was always just a BS excuse.