Reppin
Chi
Each team has one rival that sticks every year

Texas-OU
Bama-Auburn
Florida-UGA
Tenn-Vandy
Ole Miss-Miss State

The rest of the games rotate like any other game. Re-alignment pretty much :flabbynsick: other traditional rivalries, which is something I really don't like.
They should get 2 protected rivalries tbh, there are just too many deep seeded rivalries to not have at least 2 in the SEC and B1G

EX: aTm and UT need to be playing every year

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
It can take mad long if you miss on the HC hire...look at what happened to Mich after Lloyd Carr left, they went from being probably the most consistent program to missing bowl games, it took Harbaugh, one of the better coaches in the game, to right the ship, and they're already having a tough time in his absence. Look at UMiami, Tennessee, Penn State
Of course, I agree. I can tell you Miami was paying double being cheap tryna hire inexperienced coaches on the low and you end up paying double..

that's why you get the right guy.. kiffin seems like a no brainer.. dude has done more with less for awhile..

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
How do the protected rivalries work in the new SEC?

IIRC, Tenn considers Bama their biggest rival (Bama of course considers AU their biggest rival) but they don't play bama this year. UTenn fans dgaf about Vandy, but I could see Tenn loving that they get to lock Vandy as their protected rival instead of UGA, Bama, etc.

We do play Tennessee this year

Auburn
LSU
Tennessee

Will be our permanent opponents moving forward

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Of course, I agree. I can tell you Miami was paying double being cheap tryna hire inexperienced coaches on the low and you end up paying double..

that's why you get the right guy.. kiffin seems like a no brainer.. dude has done more with less for awhile..
Kiffin is without a doubt the best option. I'm just not convinced he wants the hassle of a rebuild, when he could (theoretically) play for a title at Ole Miss and not have heat piled on if he has a few 8-9 win seasons like he would at UF

Now if Ole Miss can't get it done this year and he truly wants that title on his resume, he might dip to UF.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
i could see TN / OK being a new SEC rivalry going forward...two traditional blue blood / blue blood adjace schools, only 4 matchups ever and only 2 since 1970...huge fanbases...i'd like yall to face each other very regularly

EDIT: oh shyt, i went to see if you face TN next year and yes you do, but damn i forgot all about this:

Saturday
Sep. 6
Michigan Football Schedule Michigan WolverinesGaylord Family OK Mem. Stadium, Norman, OKTime TBA ETTV TBA
:damn: MAIN EVENT STATUS
I totally forgot about playing Michigan. Wow

Also, it could be a a rivalry as Josh Heupel was our last National Title qb, he was fired as OC and replaced with Lincoln Riley, and several more more members of Tenn staff are former Sooners.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
i could see TN / OK being a new SEC rivalry going forward...two traditional blue blood / blue blood adjace schools, only 4 matchups ever and only 2 since 1970...huge fanbases...i'd like yall to face each other very regularly

EDIT: oh shyt, i went to see if you face TN next year and yes you do, but damn i forgot all about this:

Saturday
Sep. 6
Michigan Football Schedule Michigan WolverinesGaylord Family OK Mem. Stadium, Norman, OKTime TBA ETTV TBA
:damn: MAIN EVENT STATUS
When is y'all return trip to Texas?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
When is y'all return trip to Texas?

the BIG match up is the next week however

Saturday
Sep. 11
Texas Football Schedule at Texas LonghornsDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TXTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Sep. 18
Eastern Michigan Eagles Football Schedule Eastern Michigan EaglesMichigan Stadium, Ann Arbor, MITime TBA ETTV TBA
me and you that week:
s41ngn8lcm7d1.png

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
They have talent and resources, fan base, location, recruiting base, etc.. I don't think it would be hard for the right coach to turn them around

Florida always has talent as a state, but getting it into Gainesville is another

It can take mad long if you miss on the HC hire...look at what happened to Mich after Lloyd Carr left, they went from being probably the most consistent program to missing bowl games, it took Harbaugh, one of the better coaches in the game, to right the ship, and they're already having a tough time in his absence. Look at UMiami, Tennessee, Penn State. Let's not forget how bad Bama was struggling pre-Saban. USC had some terrible years.

Seems like only Ohio St. has been able to seemlessly transition from coach to coach and still be title contenders

Ole Miss is only a worse job do to perception, not reality. Win 10 games there for a career and you're a made man

Going to be hard to right that ship, and kiff like to chill and be in the keys not on campus, ole miss is a good spot for him, get them checks retire a God