The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Talk to me...I bit on the UT -4.5 and now it's up to -6.5...

However, I think Mich is a lot better than they looked in W1, and I think their defense can and will keep them in the game.
Texas people are talkin reckless everywhere. I saw the spread started at 3.5 ... and now (like you said) its at 6.5

I get the feeling that its gonna keep movin. If you're gonna bet, wait till game day. I don't see it movin the other way at all.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Texas people are talkin reckless everywhere. I saw the spread started at 3.5 ... and now (like you said) its at 6.5

I get the feeling that its gonna keep movin. If you're gonna bet, wait till game day. I don't see it movin the other way at all.
I'm still not convinced that y'all don't come away with a W somehow

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
Talk to me...I bit on the UT -4.5 and now it's up to -6.5...

However, I think Mich is a lot better than they looked in W1, and I think their defense can and will keep them in the game.
Davis Warren is better than what people think. A lot of his mistakes/offensive miscues can be chalked up to WR play and the offensive line. Both should be better in Week 2.

Their rushing game isn't that scary with Baxter out and our secondary should be good enough to keep their receivers from getting off too much. They already kept Bond in check back in the Rose Bowl he's supposed to be their best receiver.

Plus they gotta come to the Big House.

Rell

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Texas gonna get their shyt rocked on Saturday.

9be30882-3f27-450e-97d9-85af4f340c2d_text.gif

I'm not seeing it.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
I'm still not convinced that y'all don't come away with a W somehow
I'm actually confident. I think they're (Texas) gonna have to score (roughly) 27 or so in order to pull it out. Can they? Sure. Will they? I don't know. Supposed to be chilly, with a bit of wind on Saturday too.
Davis Warren is better than what people think. A lot of his mistakes/offensive miscues can be chalked up to WR play and the offensive line. Both should be better in Week 2.

Their rushing game isn't that scary with Baxter out and our secondary should be good enough to keep their receivers from getting off too much. They already kept Bond in check back in the Rose Bowl he's supposed to be their best receiver.

Plus they gotta come to the Big House.
I rewatched the game and I was hard as hell on Warren. He threw off his back foot on that bomb that got picked. He had 3 drops and another by Morris that would've been a TD. Those 3 would've had the stat line lookin less gross.

We also gotta remember, the last time Warren fully played was in 10th grade, with garbage snaps here and there.

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
I'm actually confident. I think they're (Texas) gonna have to score (roughly) 27 or so in order to pull it out. Can they? Sure. Will they? I don't know. Supposed to be chilly, with a bit of wind on Saturday too.

I rewatched the game and I was hard as hell on Warren. He threw off his back foot on that bomb that got picked. He had 3 drops and another by Morris that would've been a TD. Those 3 would've had the stat line lookin less gross.

We also gotta remember, the last time Warren fully played was in 10th grade, with garbage snaps here and there.

Morris just stopped running on that route for no reason whatsoever. He gotta do better, especially since from what I heard during camps, he's supposed to be the best receiver on the team.

But one thing I noticed from the game is we might have something with Mullings. :ehh:

He runs hard, has fairly good vision and better speed than he had last year. Plus, he can be a battering ram and we need that because Don isn't an "every down back" so to speak.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Morris just stopped running on that route for no reason whatsoever. He gotta do better, especially since from what I heard during camps, he's supposed to be the best receiver on the team.

But one thing I noticed from the game is we might have something with Mullings. :ehh:

He runs hard, has fairly good vision and better speed than he had last year. Plus, he can be a battering ram and we need that because Don isn't an "every down back" so to speak.
I'll be honest with you.. I'd be ok with Mullings starting and Ben Hall backing him up. I'd have special packages for Don and I'd even have him line up out wide every once in a while.

The Hall experiment would obviously be after the Texas game.

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
I'll be honest with you.. I'd be ok with Mullings starting and Ben Hall backing him up. I'd have special packages for Don and I'd even have him line up out wide every once in a while.

The Hall experiment would obviously be after the Texas game.
I'd be down with that. Don's vision is Deveon Smith-like sometimes. Dude just runs right into traffic sometimes, we saw it even with his first big run in the national championship game. Ability to break tackles is not great either. But when he gets into the open field, it's over, just ask OSU and Washington. Give him a chance where he can get out in space and let him cook. Turn him into a true all-purpose back and let Mullings.

I was hoping we'd see more of Cabana by now, but apparently he can't stay healthy to save his life.