The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Is Beck really that dude? He's been solid the times I've seen him. But he never screamed 'Heisman' to me. Has he made that jump this offseason? Is he better than Bennett was?

I feel the same as you.

But I'll add that I think he's better than what he needs to be on that team. He doesn't need to put up Baker Mayfield numbers bc that team is so stacked. But from all accounts, I guess he has the ability if need be

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I agree

But they're still struggling in the trenches. Coach Prime seems to have way more emphasis on getting skilled players than the guys on the line.

The game is won in the trenches. I also think that all these changes at one time hurts building chemistry. They're missing high level play in the trenches and chemistry.
yep

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
:picard:does D1/FBS have this mercy rule too?

@jadillac remember in 03 or 04 when OU obliterated Texas A&M 77-0?

Might be the biggest L a P5 team has ever suffered

I didn't get to attend that game, but I was a student then. That was payback from the year before. Bob Stoops and co. took that game personally. :wow:

We might could've scored 100 that day but our players started falling down purposely in the 4th qtr

Daps
Reppin
Chi
I didn't get to attend that game, but I was a student then. That was payback from the year before. Bob Stoops and co. took that game personally. :wow:

We might could've scored 100 that day but our players started falling down purposely in the 4th qtr
Anything extra happen the year before besides them winning? I remember y'all still won the XII that year

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Anything extra happen the year before besides them winning? I remember y'all still won the XII that year
They beat us down in College Station and I think there was some extra curricular stuff.

Funny thing is, my friend was at the 77-0 game... and in the 4th qtr he left and he was walking towards the parking garage and he walked past Jim Ross, and he briefly spoke to him and JR said, "that game was slobberknocker" :russ:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
@Trav

BAMqN_.gif