The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
That will be your 98 Vols 2010 Auburn full national championship that you can go back and watch for the next 50 years till you die.Your one shining moment.

Bruh we not byu falling ass backwards into a nc, and we not counting ncs before integration, y’all had a long ass drought til one in the 90’s, nick did the impossible, but we will see what life looks like post saban

What kind of talent North Dakota St. have this season? I should message my friend who follows FCS religiously, looks like they're ranked #2

Decent but not the same

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
There are big conferences:

The big ten
The sec (south eastern conference)
The acc (the Atlantic coast conference)
The big XII

They have their own conference title game and the winners of those conferences get an automatic berth into the playoffs. It is noteworthy that teams typically play 8-9 conference games, and 3-4 non conference games a year.

There are also "group of 5" less major conferences like the MAC, AAC, conference USA, etc. one of those teams (highest ranked) is guaranteed a spot in the 12 team playoff.

At the end of the year, the 4 "power 5" conference title winners get a "bye" for the first round, and the 8 best ranked teams from thay group, and the 5 major conference make the playoffs. The higher ranked teams get home field advantage.

A playoff bracket could look like this:
CFP_Bracket-1068x601.jpg

The above is called "FBS" division 1 football

FCS (teams outside of the conferences I'm describing) have their own tournament much like the NCAA basketball tourney.
Thanks for this.

By the way, my teams are UoH and UoM. Also rooting for Colorado obviously.