The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Probably is better, positioning matters just as much as other factors

Luke and Wisconsin have to agree on what they are, and get the talent to match
It's only year 2. Do I think WI can and will be a powerhouse? Probably not, but they'll get back to winning 9 games. They won't be able to coast to the B1G title game every single year anymore, so I don't see them sleep walking to 10 wins. One reason Fickel had success at UC is b/c OH and KY are talent rich states, where even if he gets the OSU & UK leftovers, it's still a decent talent haul. Outside of lineman, WI isn't consistently producing talent to compete for the B1G title, esp w/ the new additions. If a true 5* skill player comes out of the state, it's almost certain he leaves for a bigger program.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
It's only year 2. Do I think WI can and will be a powerhouse? Probably not, but they'll get back to winning 9 games. They won't be able to coast to the B1G title game every single year anymore, so I don't see them sleep walking to 10 wins. One reason Fickel had success at UC is b/c OH and KY are talent rich states, where even if he gets the OSU & UK leftovers, it's still a decent talent haul. Outside of lineman, WI isn't consistently producing talent to compete for the B1G title, esp w/ the new additions. If a true 5* skill player comes out of the state, it's almost certain he leaves for a bigger program.

His pipeline should be opened up for that

Daps
Reppin
Chi
His pipeline should be opened up for that

Fair, but instead of having to get them to commit to a school 0-150 miles away, it'll be 450 miles. Cincinnati is borderline the south, it's different getting those players to go play up in WI even tho WI is the bigger program.

You know damn well he's wishing for nothing more than to have two 11-win seasons and then have Ryan Day lose 2 more games to y'all so he can slide into OSU's HC job.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Fair, but instead of having to get them to commit to a school 0-150 miles away, it'll be 450 miles. Cincinnati is borderline the south, it's different getting those players to go play up in WI even tho WI is the bigger program.

You know damn well he's wishing for nothing more than to have two 11-win seasons and then have Ryan Day lose 2 more games to y'all so he can slide into OSU's HC job.

Idk if he wants to move like that he seems content, and it’s not that hard of a sale to get an Ohio kid into Wisconsin, and most of the games minus the west coast swing you could make, you also will play in Columbus too. meanwhile in Kentucky you won’t, and at natti yeah it’s the home games, but you can pretty much kiss most away games goodbye, and you kind of a middle of the pack to cellar dweller team too and the HC will be around because of a bad deal but he’s ass

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
watching podcast. interesting 1st topic. would it be better to be the 5th seed in the cfb than being 1-4
as 1-4 yeah you may get the bye as the auto winner for conference
the 5th seed plays an extra game but 5th gets the G5 team 1st game and the 2nd game is vs the lesser auto 4 qualifier

I think so. There’s no benefit now to playing in a conference title game and having to beat the 1st/2nd best team in your conference.

Nobody gives a fucck about winning a conference title if you don’t win it all.

Just ask

2011 LSU
2017 UGA
2021 Bama fans

Not to mention the 5th seed gets a home playoff game, While the teams with byes go straight to neutral site games.

Silkk

Daps

Fun Fact: This video was actually made in Cincinnati :ehh:

Last edited:

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Talk about some throw backs arnez battle and Charles Roger’s Rip

@Ron Mexico @Whips-n-Chains @mozichrome @Silkk

before pressing play that highlight made me think of this football game i had.

ncaa2k3-1673056522505.jpg

Silkk

Daps
Them Michigan/Notre Dame games used to be like early playoff games (when both were good)

That 07 game was just disgusting :huhldup:

Both teams trash but one was so much more trash they got stomped 38-0 by a school that had just lost to a D2 team a few weeks prior :mjlol:

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Them Michigan/Notre Dame games used to be like early playoff games (when both were good)

That 07 game was just disgusting :huhldup:

Both teams trash but one was so much more trash they got stomped 38-0 by a school that had just lost to a D2 team a few weeks prior :mjlol:

this 1 was also instant classic. i know UM fans are happy they never wore them jerseys again