The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Yeah but you’re not really a Bama fan and those players ain’t really come for Bama. Saban was the only reason to come there
Im staying a fan. I dare u. If anything I more like these players now. I came to Bama cuz of Saban. But like Tyler Booker Im here to continue the legacy:ohlawd:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Just because Texas and a few other schools have boosters willing to waste millions on these kids doesn’t mean that’s how NIL “works”

Things are going to get a lot more strict when it comes to NIL soon so enjoy it while you can.
1. Texas boosters that could afford to waste millions aren't even involved in NIL. They would rather pay for their name to be put on a new building built on campus.

2. The majority of the money comes from mid level guys and the everyday people that donate to the collectives.

3. The amount of money Texas spends on NIL isn't anywhere near what people think it is.

4. Things are going to get more strict how and who is going to enforce these rules???

5. Again, you have no clue what you're talking about.

6. I know it's a harsh reality to realize your school can't keep up and the only way to cope with that is to act like other schools are spending and unGodly amount of money.

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
1. Texas boosters that could afford to waste millions aren't even involved in NIL. They would rather pay for their name to be put on a new building built on campus.

2. The majority of the money comes from mid level guys and the everyday people that donate to the collectives.

3. The amount of money Texas spends on NIL isn't anywhere near what people think it is.

4. Things are going to get more strict how and who is going to enforce these rules???

5. Again, you have no clue what you're talking about.

6. I know it's a harsh reality to realize your school can't keep up and the only way to cope with that is to act like other schools are spending and unGodly amount of money.
You don’t know shyt lmao. Show me the excel spread sheet with what every player is getting paid and what booster it’s coming from since you have that info.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
:snoop:you really need to catch up with the times breh. NIL is the new bag game. No reason for under the table money anymore.
Wasn't a shot at you breh. But I promise you one thing.. (this I know for a fact) .. if you think that bags aren't being guaranteed anymore, then you're wrong. NIL was designed to allow kids to earn with their name, image and likeness. Aka, commercials, autograph signings etc. And believe me.. those things are happening.. which is good. But if you don't think that schools are telling these kids 'we got 800k for you, and all you gotta do is sign autographs for an hour' .. then I don't know what to tell you.

That's enough to get these top recruits. That's 'technically' NIL ... but I mean.. c'mon.

The way you're describing it, is essentially the way it was supposed to work. There's always gonna be schools that try to get ahead. This shyt is cut throat.

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
And you’re a real dumbass if you think Bama doesn’t spend as much as anyone(save the few schools that are blatantly overpaying players)

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
How long are those Texas boosters gonna keep overpaying for players who aren’t winning titles?

That’s the real question

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Wasn't a shot at you breh. But I promise you one thing.. (this I know for a fact) .. if you think that bags aren't being guaranteed anymore, then you're wrong. NIL was designed to allow kids to earn with their name, image and likeness. Aka, commercials, autograph signings etc. And believe me.. those things are happening.. which is good. But if you don't think that schools are telling these kids 'we got 800k for you, and all you gotta do is sign autographs for an hour' .. then I don't know what to tell you.

That's enough to get these top recruits. That's 'technically' NIL ... but I mean.. c'mon.

The way you're describing it, is essentially the way it was supposed to work. There's always gonna be schools that try to get ahead. This shyt is cut throat.
Yeah its crazy and I don't think we'll ever truly know everything that goes down. On the Coach Prime doc, The Colorado chick said that Shadeur was gonna make 5 mil in NIL last year. nikka making his dad salary in NIL money :wow:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown

I don't disagree with you. But the example you provided is technically NIL just like you said. It isn't against the rules. So I'm not sure what point you are making anymore. The bag game as it existed before was something completely different, and there would be no benefit to the school or the player to participate in those type of transactions anymore.

In a more broader sense some hard lessons were learned in the first few years of NIL in multiple aspects. One instance is this. The majority of posters in this thread are die hard fans for their school, but I would probably set the percentage of posters in here that donate to their schools collective at 5% if that. Most of these big school stadiums can hold 100k people. If half of those people only donated $10 once to football that is 500k of NIL available to spend which could stretch quite a bit. But maybe 1% of people at football games donate to collectives. All that to say the money really ain't out there like most think it is. So offering a kid 800k to sign autographs isn't really realistic for any school. And these old white boosters are :mjpls:when it comes to NIL. These kids are getting a free education what more do they want, is the general rhetoric.

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Mack was the 73rd overall ranked player in 2023 after he reclassed so he would’ve been a 5 star in 2024. He’s not some scrub even though he’s prob not gonna play unless he stays all 4 years