The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
How long has Ward been in school? Seem like that nikka been in school since the Obama administration

A grip

Mullen's UF tenure is still weird to me. He had some flaws. But he turned them around quickly and was better than the trash before him and after him. On the outside looking in he just needed to get some recruiters around him and a better DC.

The issue was he’s a hell of a X/o guy but he didn’t recruit well (at all) then he was losing his team and letting staff do whatever, if there’s a way to get talent with out him having to make it happen he’s good

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
Mullen's UF tenure is still weird to me. He had some flaws. But he turned them around quickly and was better than the trash before him and after him. On the outside looking in he just needed to get some recruiters around him and a better DC.
But he didn't want to fire any of his friends. That's why he didn't get any recruiters or a better DC. And that's why he got fired.

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
if there’s a way to get talent with out him having to make it happen he’s good
That's why he did so well as Urban's OC. Urban stacked talent.

He did aite at Miss State because they have low expectations and a lot of under the radar recruits that he was able to keep in state since he didn't have to fight recruiting battles for them too much.

I think he might be a good fit as HC at a place like LA tech or Louisiana Lafeytte where he's got a lot of in state talent to work with and expectations are low and he can just scheme some LA under the radar 3 stars (think Dak) up and not have to worry about much besides getting bowl eligible.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
That's why he did so well as Urban's OC. Urban stacked talent.

He did aite at Miss State because they have low expectations and a lot of under the radar recruits that he was able to keep in state since he didn't have to fight recruiting battles for them too much.

I think he might be a good fit as HC at a place like LA tech or Louisiana Lafeytte where he's got a lot of in state talent to work with and expectations are low and he can just scheme some LA under the radar 3 stars (think Dak) up and not have to worry about much besides getting bowl eligible.

Shiid it was a fight for Mississippi kids, and he a snitch too, (he was helping the ncaa with ole miss allegations) but i agree he gotta be where expectations are minimal in the recruiting game, i honestly think he would be a world class oc, but he’s not going to take a back seat, but if I’m a program I’m throwing bank at him to be my oc

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
he a snitch too, (he was helping the ncaa with ole miss allegations)
Didn't he snitch on Auburn too about Cam Newton?
Shiid it was a fight for Mississippi kids
There are also a lot of 3 star kids though that probably should be 4 stars and got overlooked by programs like LSU, Bama, etc (Lots of DL in particular). He might've had to fight for a lot of kids do, that's recruiting, but there were a ton of hidden gems from MS that he was able to get because they didn't get as much coverage as they would have in TX, FL, or GA.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Didn't he snitch on Auburn too about Cam Newton?

There are also a lot of 3 star kids though that probably should be 4 stars and got overlooked by programs like LSU, Bama, etc (Lots of DL in particular). He might've had to fight for a lot of kids do, that's recruiting, but there were a ton of hidden gems from MS that he was able to get because they didn't get as much coverage as they would have in TX, FL, or GA.

Yes he also snitched on cam….. but folks want to give him props, he tell more than @smitty22 after the cops gave him a polish boy or kfc

I mean it’s work out there in Mississippi but he had a good staff in play with low expectations, but Hugh was giving him the blues with the success they were having, then he got the shark fukkers talent to jump start his Florida experience

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
Yes he also snitched on cam….. but folks want to give him props, he tell more than @smitty22 after the cops gave him a polish boy or kfc

I mean it’s work out there in Mississippi but he had a good staff in play with low expectations, but Hugh was giving him the blues with the success they were having, then he got the shark fukkers talent to jump start his Florida experience
He did use Shark fukker's talent (partcularly trask and pitts) to carry him. I think if Franks didn't get hurt in 2019 he would've had like 7-8 wins and would've gotten fired in 2020. But Trask saved his ass vs Kentucky in 2019 and saved that whole season. But he used Shark fukker's talent better than Shark fukker did (mostly because he wouldn't fire his friend Nuss...although Nuss did recruit Trask).

Florida's last 3 coaches suffered from the same thing: not firing friends.

Shark fukker wouldn't fire nussmeir (yes LSU's qb's dad)

Mullen wouldn't fire Hev and Grantham

Napier wouldn't fire himself as OC, Rob Sale as OL coach, and won't fire Mark Hocke or Chris couch off the staff even though both proved multiple times to be utterly useless and he even demoted them both. Like, why not just fire them? They're awful.

Yeah that's true about Freeze, he's an animal especially at ole miss, but yeah Mullen actually had some decent DC's at Miss State in Manny Diaz and Geoff Collins.

Fat ass Todd was there only a year with him and he brought that loser with him to Florida, which pretty much sealed his fate.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
He did use Shark fukker's talent (partcularly trask and pitts) to carry him. I think if Franks didn't get hurt in 2019 he would've had like 7-8 wins and would've gotten fired in 2020. But Trask saved his ass vs Kentucky in 2019 and saved that whole season. But he used Shark fukker's talent better than Shark fukker did (mostly because he wouldn't fire his friend Nuss...although Nuss did recruit Trask).

Florida's last 3 coaches suffered from the same thing: not firing friends.

Shark fukker wouldn't fire nussmeir (yes LSU's qb's dad)

Mullen wouldn't fire Hev and Grantham

Napier wouldn't fire himself as OC, Rob Sale as OL coach, and won't fire Mark Hocke or Chris couch off the staff even though both proved multiple times to be utterly useless and he even demoted them both. Like, why not just fire them? They're awful.

Yeah that's true about Freeze, he's an animal especially at ole miss, but yeah Mullen actually had some decent DC's at Miss State in Manny Diaz and Geoff Collins.

Fat ass Todd was there only a year with him and he brought that loser with him to Florida, which pretty much sealed his fate.

I forget who wrote it but it was posted here and it was an article on his time at Florida, from coaches telling him what they are going to do, to starting a qb that no one believed in, to phoning it in on the recruiting trail, to not visiting different factions of the boosters, dude clearly needs to be either oc or at a smaller school where the shyt don’t matter as much

Saw some people saying Bama is finished without Saban but...nah I can't cosign that. If Milroe improves even slightly that team is gonna be dangerous.

I don’t think folks believe they are done, but things will look differently in this new landscape, it also helps to have nick in the building helping to keep the apparatus moving in sync

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this seems to be going too far. i dont mind the squib kick. its the execution of the squib kick that was terrible