The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Yeah….but at what expense though

Regular season somewhat and conference championship games, but not that much and I don’t think it will be like the NFL where the best team has 3-4 losses any given season, there will still be that pursuit of perfection, just more breathing room, but you still gotta play your way in. Also, having a bye will be important.

The plus side to the 12 team playoff though is that more teams means less stars sitting out the postseason (I hope, but with these kids you never know).

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Tez Johnson, Evan Stewart, Traeshon Holden... and a boat load of stars in the waiting
Oh yea that's a squad.. Tez did work and I saw Evan ball in person, he a dog.. and them boys ain't stars til they produce on this level.. we got a bunch of stars in waiting also (see how that works)

If yall nikkas don't win at least nine games minimum man....:beli:
Facts breh, no excuses.. Mario recruit wit the best of them but his coaching leave alot to be desired.. no reason offense isn't top 10 in nation. Top 5 QB, top 5 wr core, atleast top 10 RB and OLine is legit arguably top 10 also..

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Regular season somewhat and conference championship games, but not that much and I don’t think it will be like the NFL where the best team has 3-4 losses any given season, there will still be that pursuit of perfection, just more breathing room, but you still gotta play your way in. Also, having a bye will be important.

The plus side to the 12 team playoff though is that more teams means less stars sitting out the postseason (I hope, but with these kids you never know).
Idk I think thats gonna be the biggest thing that is effected. Especially just thinking about how it would have watered down something like the Michigan vs OSU game the past few years if they knew they would meet again a week later. Shid I legit be forgetting yall even beat UGA in the 2021 SEC title game.

I always go back to when that situation played out in the Pac 12 and ucla went out & laid down like some hoes to Stanford a week prior to the P12 title game. I don't think Michigan or OSU will EVER come out in that game and lay down like some hoes but it just makes the stakes matter less the prior week.

I like the Conference title games being unofficial playoff games like how they have been and the high stakes and great moments they provide.

LSU vs Tennessee
Bama vs Florida 08/09
UGA vs Bama the past few years
LSU vs UGA
MSU upsetting OSU
etc.

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
nikkas be playing too many games. Now he coming to visit this weekend and got LSU all in his profile

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
:gucci: JBO Deviants

Rule number 2 of the dirtbags we don’t judge :ufdup:

You a dirtbag it is what it is fam :blessed:

I think you see less churning and burning of coaches, cuz the math different now, and it prevents a really good team that may stumble one or two times from getting left out, or a scrappy team that’s got some tough wins a chance

Idk I think thats gonna be the biggest thing that is effected. Especially just thinking about how it would have watered down something like the Michigan vs OSU game the past few years if they knew they would meet again a week later. Shid I legit be forgetting yall even beat UGA in the 2021 SEC title game.

I always go back to when that situation played out in the Pac 12 and ucla went out & laid down like some hoes to Stanford a week prior to the P12 title game. I don't think Michigan or OSU will EVER come out in that game and lay down like some hoes but it just makes the stakes matter less the prior week.

I like the Conference title games being unofficial playoff games like how they have been and the high stakes and great moments they provide.

LSU vs Tennessee
Bama vs Florida 08/09
UGA vs Bama the past few years
LSU vs UGA
MSU upsetting OSU
etc.

I get it, i think the conference championship game will have to go, because if it’s the same teams you fukk two of your top teams every year

Playing osu, then playing them again will only lead to fukkery on both ends, like you said nikkas ain’t laying down, but it becomes a whole other strategy, or they move the game up

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans

I think Corey Raymond and Pat Pete might have pulled this off with DJ Pickett, we need a new Patrick Peterson anyways it should have been Stingley but he coasted after that freshman year