The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Nothing in this world is iron clad and contracts get broken all the time. The ACC is once again acting like a controlling lover trying to hold on knowing deep down inside that it's a wrap for them. FSU, Clemson, Miami and UNC is not going to sit on the sideline watching schools in the B1G or SEC make 10 to 100 million dollars more than them and watch their athletic dept go to waste. Lower tier universities like Wake Forest and NC State are trying to keep the band together because they know that no other major conference is going to take them.

I think this one is pretty iron clad, these folks been fighting to get out, but like child support once it’s established you stuck til they 18, these nikkas stuck til that baby grown

He needs to be sued I know y’all are anti Saban but he had some points about these kids having too much power there needs to be a middle ground

The game is the game, play it smart or get played

Is it the school or a 3rd party group coming up with the money?

Yes

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I think this one is pretty iron clad, these folks been fighting to get out, but like child support once it’s established you stuck til they 18, these nikkas stuck til that baby grown

Yes
People not going to just take the L there going to come after him some type of way

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA

Yes
It may not be this year or next, but the ACC is on it's death bed :ufdup: . This is like TX and OU when they was in the B12. The conference did all the bending, compromising and praying that those two will stay for only to leave once the SEC came calling. The ACC is just trying to strong arm teams into standing pat, not knowing that some of those schools are just going to team up in order to get out. That "iron clad" agreement is what going to be the downfall for them :yeshrug:.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
People not going to just take the L there going to come after him some type of way

I’m sure but what can they do

It may not be this year or next, but the ACC is on it's death bed :ufdup: . This is like TX and OU when they was in the B12. The conference did all the bending, compromising and praying that those two will stay for only to leave once the SEC came calling. The ACC is just trying to strong arm teams into standing pat, not knowing that some of those schools are just going to team up in order to get out. That "iron clad" agreement is what going to be the downfall for them :yeshrug:.

They fighting but it’s like trying to push a train up a hill on skates, it ir inevitable but no telling when

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
This nikka not planning to be at Colorado long :mjlol:

Deion Sanders is standing his ground when it comes to his recruiting approach.

After a USA Today report noted Sanders had made "zero home visits" to recruits since being hired by Colorado in 2022 Sanders responded and explained why he takes a more conservative approach to recruiting away from campus.

"My approach is totally different than many coaches," Sanders said, per David Ubben of The Athletic. "I'm a businessman, as well so I try to save our university money every dern chance I get. For me to go, let's say I go to Florida and I'm visiting IMG, you don't think those coaches are going to be a little upset if I don't come by the school down the street? You don't think it's going to be pandemonium, or I'm gonna get naysayed if I don't go another 45 minutes? Then if I go to that one, why didn't I come to that school? Now the coach is mad and he's not gonna let the kid come because I chose that school over that school.Other coaches, they can do that, but I can't."

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
This nikka not planning to be at Colorado long :mjlol:

Deion Sanders is standing his ground when it comes to his recruiting approach.

After a USA Today report noted Sanders had made "zero home visits" to recruits since being hired by Colorado in 2022 Sanders responded and explained why he takes a more conservative approach to recruiting away from campus.

"My approach is totally different than many coaches," Sanders said, per David Ubben of The Athletic. "I'm a businessman, as well so I try to save our university money every dern chance I get. For me to go, let's say I go to Florida and I'm visiting IMG, you don't think those coaches are going to be a little upset if I don't come by the school down the street? You don't think it's going to be pandemonium, or I'm gonna get naysayed if I don't go another 45 minutes? Then if I go to that one, why didn't I come to that school? Now the coach is mad and he's not gonna let the kid come because I chose that school over that school.Other coaches, they can do that, but I can't."
nikkas root for this sideshow man
dylan-what.gif

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Whoa, he got the bread and dipped. He might not be safe in Iowa. That’s Iowa fault, they should have put a clause that stated he pays it back if he don’t finish the season at Iowa.
Myles Brennan did the same thing to LSU :manny: This the market nikkas boo hoo'd for for years. Here it is. Deal with it.