The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
img_9375-jpg.675930
Only thing I’d give to nimrod is that Alabama’s skill position talent sucks. Their RB talent has fallen off a cliff in the 2020s (in comparison to where they used to be at), which may just coincide with the OL play also falling off a cliff in the 2020s. If you did a “rank WR groups outside of the #1 guy”, I don’t know if their unit would be in the top 25% of the conference. Probably goes to their below average offensive coaching recently

All that being said, dude still isn’t good at throwing and there’s no way they’re getting around that

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Read what? Read that they're blitzing and that there aren't enough OL and help blocking to protect him and he has to get rid of the ball quick?

Which he did? :dwillhuh:

I'm not always right but this take by you is just flat out wrong.

The fact is, you're talking football more because Oregon is actually worth a damn so you came out of your hole lol. :ufdup: You say some off brand shyt in this thread you get called out for being wrong. I get it toopause. You're just not used to it because Oregon is an actual main event serious program now.

I have not said shyt in relation to Oregon except yall saying last year I had to fear the mighty Big Ten and Purdue. Thats your conscience. I have not even commentes on nothing about Oregon this year except congratualting Ohio St and saying they and I are even squads. You in your feelings..but trust me if you wanna keep this up.. Ill give you what you want in a verbal back and forth. Lol. Sensitive ass nygga

You did all that Oregon to the Big 10 hazing now you sensitve....fuhkouttahere

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Only thing I’d give to nimrod is that Alabama’s skill position talent sucks. Their RB talent has fallen off a cliff in the 2020s (in comparison to where they used to be at), which may just coincide with the OL play also falling off a cliff in the 2020s. If you did a “rank WR groups outside of the #1 guy”, I don’t know if their unit would be in the top 25% of the conference. Probably goes to their below average offensive coaching recently

All that being said, dude still isn’t good at throwing and there’s no way they’re getting around that
How can you properly assess the skill position talent?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I have not said shyt in relation to Oregon except yall saying last year I had to fear the mighty Big Ten and Purdue. Thats your conscience. I have not even commentes on nothing about Oregon this year except congratualting Ohio St and saying they and I are even squads. You in your feelings..but trust me if you wanna keep this up.. Ill give you what you want in a verbal back and forth. Lol. Sensitive ass nygga

I don't say fukk all about weak ass Purdue, Michigan does not lose to Purdue. That's weak ass osu and msu with the "spoiler makers" PTSD. The only thing I say and said was that some of those road trips are tougher than some realize, like @ Minnesota and Maryland in the late fall and @ Penn State, etc. quit with the victim mentality and the "all y'all haters" bullshyt.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I don't say fukk all about weak ass Purdue, Michigan does not lose to Purdue. That's weak ass osu and msu with the "spoiler makers" PTSD. The only thing I say and said was that some of those road trips are tougher than some realize, like @ Minnesota and Maryland in the late fall and @ Penn State, etc. quit with the victim mentality and the "all y'all haters" bullshyt.

Ed.. go bout your bizness dawg. You stated where you at wit it.. Im trying to let this just be. Just stfu breh..

Daps
Reppin
Chi

To be fair, I didn't say y'all would lose to Purdue this year, the implication was more that a team of Purdue's caliber, or lack thereof, can sneak up and beat a team they're not supposed to (look at what USC is going through) Oregon has handled business and I'll admit that I was wrong thinking OSU would be able to win that game vs. y'all.

I have no issue with Oregon running the table and winning the conference. I'd root for y'all over the teams I've rooted against my entire life :yeshrug: Not going to root for michigan against oregon just so I can say "boy the old B1G showed those west coast busters wassup". It's clear y'all will be in the B1G title game, hoping that it's vs the winner of PSU/OSU and not some flukey ass iu team b/c I'm not believing in the big ten west type schedules

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Yes sir. Oh and fukk you @DropTopDoc

:dead:

I wonder if the decrease in schemes that ask the QB to make a ton of reads have lead to QBs being “dumber”. Looking at this play and reviewing the feedback in the replies, I’m not sure if there’s more than 5 first round QBs the last few years that wouldn’t have got baited there.

the design of most offenses is one read, to two, when you listen to some play designs, it will be a whole lotta window dressing for the X to get open, or they know if it’s cover 1,2,3,or 4 the ball is supposed to go to a certain wr, defense as a whole has gotten more complex, from the defense giving you a look at pre snap to a total different one post snap, let alone any man match/pattern match or split field coverages, imagine having to diagnose a cover 4 and a cover 2 with a 6’3 240 lb edge rusher giving you 3-4 seconds to do this

This myth of qbs reading the whole field is largely over exaggerated, ocs are supposed to make the offense user friendly and with what they got