The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
East Carolina fired coach Mike Houston on Sunday, one day after falling to 3-4.

Athletic director Jon Gilbert said in a statement that "a change is needed to move the program forward. We have high expectations and those are not changing."

Wth east Carolina think they are?

Mike Houston was one of the highest paid G5 coaches, that will be an attractive job. This was the first time in his career he hasn't won consistently

But a P4 coordinator or sitting G5 HC will take that job and if they do well, will catapult that into a high level P4 HC gig

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I mean, you ova here pontificating about a bye week. I need....

more-kobe-bryant.gif

Y'all potentially finna get y'all ass beat the next 3 weeks, no joke & then @Ron Mexico @K-Deini & @JLova gonna get them a lil thanksgiving taste.

Shyt ain't even funny anymore like u said. It's starting to become snuff worthy. I know your 👃🏾
ova there goin thru it---thats the real reason u numb :picard:
Make This Money
Take This Money
Ain’t No Way You Can Take This From Me

diddy-harlem.gif

Silkk

Daps
I hope you Buckeye hoes keep winning though. Got my OSU shyt coming in in time for Christmas and this shyt bout to be have me wilding all December with the Cubanitas :ahh:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Mike Houston was one of the highest paid G5 coaches, that will be an attractive job. This was the first time in his career he hasn't won consistently

But a P4 coordinator or sitting G5 HC will take that job and if they do well, will catapult that into a high level P4 HC gig

this is a program that last won more than 8 games 11 years ago, should have never fired ruffin mcneill

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
this is a program that last won more than 8 games 11 years ago, should have never fired ruffin mcneill
yeah Big Ruff got a raw deal. But you already know how it is in this current day, if coaches aren't winning or showing steady improvement then the fanbase wants them out ASAPTUALLY. You don't want to lose your roster, NIL support, attendance, etc

Most of the famed coaches of the 90s-early 2000s wouldn't even make it past year 3 in the current landscape. Frank Beamer is my favorite example

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Breh, nobody's having a good prediction year...this is a pure fukkery year and anyone saying they are calling everything right is lying. I still think Texas is winning the title but I ain't predicting shyt the rest of the season :hubie:
For the most part everyone’s SOS has been upped to a higher difficulty level. Combined that with the portal thinning everyone’s depth and how hard it has to be to keep college players that have money locked in week in and out. The days of dynasties teams dominating are over

Silkk

Daps
For the most part everyone’s SOS has been upped to a higher difficulty level. Combined that with the portal thinning everyone’s depth and how hard it has to be to keep college players that have money locked in week in and out. The days of dynasties teams dominating are over
Thats BS. You cant say that Georgia's run is over yet. Especially after last night.

The only team that's even beaten them the past 4 years won't be a factor in December.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I legit believe that unless one team gets the next super elite coach and their NIL is insane, like every letterman gets $1mm guaranteed or some shyt. But yeah, them days are done.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Thats BS. You cant say that Georgia's run is over yet. Especially after last night.

The only team that's even beaten them the past 4 years won't be a factor in December.
UGA won by 1 point against UK. Gave up 31 points to the worse team in the SEC. Against Texas their DL dominated. Beck had 3 picks and 0 TDS.

Silkk

Daps
UGA won by 1 point against UK. Gave up 31 points to the worse team in the SEC. Against Texas their DL dominated. Beck had 3 picks and 0 TDS.
And......?

Do I need to go back and pick out games Bama barely survived during their run too?