The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
Sure but he’s been there since 2019 and he’s worse of than say BV at OU and sark at Texas who came after him in just as bad situations. He has no excuse to be this bad nor have no qb nil or not
He came in during the pandemic (2020, which was a hard time to start year 1).

Sark and UT have resources and got on the same page. Not really a comparison.

He's done better than BV, who didn't inherit a bad situation at all. BV has been mediocre at best. Norvell has had a higher ceiling but lower floor.

Both Ou and UT are blue bloods too, they have resources and prestige that FSU does not. But with the Florida talent pool, if a school like FSU could get it's money right, they would be elite again.

Miami arguably is doing that now, although Cristobal is suspect as a game day coach which might limit them in the postseason.

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
He came in during the pandemic (2020, which was a hard time to start year 1).

Sark and UT have resources and got on the same page. Not really a comparison.

He's done better than BV, who didn't inherit a bad situation at all. BV has been mediocre at best. Norvell has had a higher ceiling but lower floor.

Both Ou and UT are blue bloods too, they have resources and prestige that FSU does not. But with the Florida talent pool, if a school like FSU could get it's money right, they would be elite again.

Miami arguably is doing that now, although Cristobal is suspect as a game day coach which might limit them in the postseason.
BV had a terrible situation he had no qb Lincoln took pretty much anyone worth a damn to usc and idk why you keep saying fsu doesn’t have money they literally just gave him a 84 million dollar deal and brought in DJU. Mike gets way too many excuses there is no reason fsu should be 1-6 in his 6th year and he came the year before the pandemic

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
I'll give you the first one but Bowden's good will ran out while bowden was still coaching. His last few seasons at FSU were like 6-8 win seasons on the regular.
By Bobby good will I mean people still believe hey it’s fsu they just need that right coach and everything will be ok. With Mike I feel like it’s different especially with these kids now most of there life’s fsu ain’t really been all that

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
BV had a terrible situation he had no qb Lincoln took pretty much anyone worth a damn to usc and idk why you keep saying fsu doesn’t have money they literally just gave him a 84 million dollar deal and brought in DJU. Mike gets way too many excuses there is no reason fsu should be 1-6 in his 6th year and he came the year before the pandemic
When I say they don't have money, I don't mean they don't have money like UL-Monroe or some shyt.

But they don't have money like Texas, Miami, or UF does (the latter 2 don't have money like Texas does, but they have money in comparison to FSU).