10:30 pmTCU - UtahESPN

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
:whoa:

At least Norvell went 13-0 last year with a conference championship.

He'll probably beat Billy this year too somehow, I'm telling you!

UF is even more pathetic than FSU

at least FSU has legit money issues and is not getting that ESPN SEC money.

If FSU joined the SEC or BIG they'd spend money on football and be a top 10-15 team every year

UF getting that money and can't even make a bowl game.

Not sure the specifics but I was listening to a podcast over the summer they mentioned how fsu (admin) has a poor reputation around cfb and that’s why sec doesn’t really want them.

But Norvell is cooked. His one off season reminds me of Herman in ‘19.

I’m as much as a FSU fan as your chances to lead the midnight yell in Aggie land

:picard:

tenor.gif

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
Not sure the specifics but I was listening to a podcast over the summer they mentioned how fsu (admin) has a poor reputation around cfb and that’s why sec doesn’t really want them.
Could be.

I mean they sued the ACC so it seems like they are problematic.

I think a big part of why the SEC doesn't want FSU though is schools like Bama and UGA don't want to see FSU with SEC TV money to help with their financial issues.

UF is a loser school with a loser admin, so them being in the SEC helps prevent a real football program from Florida from getting that SEC money and becoming a monster again.

FSU with SEC money would be dangerous.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Could be.

I think a big part of why the SEC doesn't want FSU though is schools like Bama and UGA don't want to see FSU with SEC TV money to help with their financial issues.

UF is a loser school with a loser admin, so them being in the SEC helps prevent a real football program from Florida from getting that SEC money and becoming a monster again.

You think money solves all their problems?

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
You think money solves all their problems?

Not all of them. It'll solve a lot of them.

Look at Miami. They have boosters and money, a coach who is not great on game day, and is undefeated in the top 10.

If FSU had that type of money they'd be ranked in the top 25 at least.

I know this seems like a hot take right now, but Norvell is a solid coach. Maybe not a great one, and definitely was overrated last two years. But he's being underrated now because FSU is a complete mess. A large part of it is financial.

If they had a steady big money revenue stream from TV for, say 7-10 years, they would be a top program again.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Not all of them. It'll solve a lot of them.

Look at Miami. They have boosters and money, a coach who is not great on game day, and is undefeated in the top 10.

If FSU had that type of money they'd be ranked in the top 25 at least.

I know this seems like a hot take right now, but Norvell is a solid coach. Maybe not a great one, and definitely was overrated last two years. But he's being underrated now because FSU is a complete mess. A large part of it is financial.

If they had a steady big money revenue stream from TV for, say 7-10 years, they would be a top program again.
But money didn’t prevent them from reupping Norvell. Also money didn’t prevent them from having a salty 2025 class. The recruiting class didn’t fall apart until the season went to shyt. I just think FSU/Norvell made a fatal mistake at the QB position.

Also money won’t solve your problems if you don’t know how to manage it.

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps

But Norvell is cooked. His one off season reminds me of Herman in ‘19.

:picard:

tenor.gif

Nah Tom was better than him lmao I can’t even do him like that

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
Could be.

are you talking about fsu with this statement?

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
But money didn’t prevent them from reupping Norvell. Also money didn’t prevent them from having a salty 2025 class. The recruiting class didn’t fall apart until the season went to shyt. I just think FSU/Norvell made a fatal mistake at the QB position.
100% on the QB situation. That killed their season. Some of the cultural issues from being left out of the playoffs and entitlement in the culture I think hurt too. That could be fixed with time and I think Norvell could do it if given a chance.

I thought their portal class this year was okay. Lots of Bama cast offs that weren't that good really. Same with DJ U. Big name but not true quality. If they had more money they could build a better foundation with HS recruiting too, which would help them not have to gamble in the portal every off-season.

Got to remember they were a mess when he got there. Jimbo left it in shambles and Taggart made the situation worse. Sort of like UF with Mullen leaving it in shambles and Napier making things worse. Difference is, FSU went out and got a decent HC in Norvell and he was able to patch things up for a few seasons. If they had more money they could sustain those up seasons more. But since they don't, they will be up and down for the foreseeable future.

If they had more money they could've outbid miami for cam ward

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
are you talking about fsu with this statement?
Yes. If Miami or FSU was in the SEC they'd be a real problem with SEC prestige and TV money.

UF is a joke program so the SEC is cool with them being in the conference since they will never amount to shyt anyway.

FSU has won a national title in the past 10 years. With better resources they could be a top 25 program, maybe top 15.

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps

Also money won’t solve your problems if you don’t know how to manage it.
100% and on the o line

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
Yes. If Miami or FSU was in the SEC they'd be a real problem with SEC prestige and TV money.

UF is a joke program so the SEC is cool with them being in the conference since they will never amount to shyt anyway.
I don’t really think FSU is a real football program tho tbh they just had an all time great coach they aren’t really much different from Florida imo

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
100% on the QB situation. That killed their season. Some of the cultural issues from being left out of the playoffs and entitlement in the culture I think hurt too. That could be fixed with time and I think Norvell could do it if given a chance.

I thought their portal class this year was okay. Lots of Bama cast offs that weren't that good really. Same with DJ U. Big name but not true quality. If they had more money they could build a better foundation with HS recruiting too, which would help them not have to gamble in the portal every off-season.

Got to remember they were a mess when he got there. Jimbo left it in shambles and Taggart made the situation worse. Sort of like UF with Mullen leaving it in shambles and Napier making things worse. Difference is, FSU went out and got a decent HC in Norvell and he was able to patch things up for a few seasons. If they had more money they could sustain those up seasons more. But since they don't, they will be up and down for the foreseeable future.

If they had more money they could've outbid miami for cam ward
Sure but he’s been there since 2019 and he’s worse of than say BV at OU and sark at Texas who came after him in just as bad situations. He has no excuse to be this bad nor have no qb nil or not