The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
I still think about what Vince did to us years later. Only other option is Cam.

I remember i was home from college me and moms dukes made grilled steak and potatoes as Vince drove a fukkin stake through my heart

Damn the steak was good but that loss wasn’t

nikka probably tired of trying to navigate not wanting to recruit and up and down ucla

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Not saying he wasn't special but I wouldn't put him on the same level as VY, Cam, Burrow etc.... And Mike Evans actually bailed out Johnny a whole lot too. Also he never won anything of merit. Bradford is definitely not on the other QBs level and I've never understood the infatuation with Mayfield. He is just a guy at QB, nothing special.

I’d have to disagree, Johnny was electric, and he was must see tv, there are very few qbs that did the thing with little help, so they were symbiotic, evens helped Johnny and Vice versa

Saying mayfield is just a guy is bs, that’s some Texas bias for that ass, ask @smitty22 what ol Baker did

Don’t do that. VY had a lot of help at the skill positions. Them MFs were like 3 deep at RB and they had good WRs

nikka you talking nikkas like Limus sweed gon on nikka, rb maybe

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I’d have to disagree, Johnny was electric, and he was must see tv, there are very few qbs that did the thing with little help, so they were symbiotic, evens helped Johnny and Vice versa

Saying mayfield is just a guy is bs, that’s some Texas bias for that ass, ask @smitty22 what ol Baker did

Vince Young was not out there just throwing the ball to himself :comeon:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Don’t do that. VY had a lot of help at the skill positions. Them MFs were like 3 deep at RB and they had good WRs
Without looking name the RBs and WRs.

Johnny was electric but he wasn't as good as the other QBs on this list and that is my point. And I don't agree that Evans and Johnny helped each other vice versa. Evans was/is a hof talent. Johnny was running around in circles throwing jump balls to Evans. He wasn't doing anything to elevate Evans play while Evans was doing plenty to elevate his. I probably take 6 QBs on that list before I think about taking Johnny.

:lolbron: And you are probably right about my Mayfield bias,I just never saw it.

Silkk

Daps
Without looking name the RBs and WRs.

Johnny was electric but he wasn't as good as the other QBs on this list and that is my point. And I don't agree that Evans and Johnny helped each other vice versa. Evans was/is a hof talent. Johnny was running around in circles throwing jump balls to Evans. He wasn't doing anything to elevate Evans play while Evans was doing plenty to elevate his. I probably take 6 QBs on that list before I think about taking Johnny.

:lolbron: And you are probably right about my Mayfield bias,I just never saw it.
Jamaal Charles and Henry Melton. Forgetting the other one off the dome.

Limas Sweed, Selvin Young, Forgot the other ones off the dome.

I watched that Texas team all year long

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Jamaal Charles and Henry Melton. Forgetting the other one off the dome.

Limas Sweed, Selvin Young, Forgot the other ones off the dome.

I watched that Texas team all year long
You only named one WR and the rest are RBs. Two of which were true freshman. Jamaal was damn good though but he wasn’t even a primary back that year. Melton got even less carries.

Silkk

Daps
You only named one WR and the rest are RBs. Two of which were true freshman. Jamaal was damn good though but he wasn’t even a primary back that year. Melton got even less carries.
There was no primary back. It was a 3 man rotation.

Melton was a goal line/short yardage bulldozer.

Gimme a sec though, It’s not like we can’t just prove whatever is true by looking it up real quick.

Silkk

Daps
RushingReceivingScrimmage
RkPlayerGAttYdsAvgTDRecYdsAvgTDPlaysYdsAvgTD
1Vince Young1315510506.81215510506.812
2Jamaal Charles131198787.4111415711.2213310357.813
3Selvin Young11964614.885214.201014824.88
4Henry Melton13874325.010874325.010
5Ramonce Taylor13765136.812272659.831037787.615

Like I said I was one of the biggest VY fans in the nation in 05 but to act like he didn't have help that year is complete BS