The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
This coming from the OG "quality loss" conference :dead:
:dwillhuh:

If 3 teams in the b1g and 3 teams in the sec make the playoffs how does being the conference champ loser benefit you?

Wouldn’t you want to be the team that didn’t play in the conference championship that got into the playoffs?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
:dwillhuh:

If 3 teams in the b1g and 3 teams in the sec make the playoffs how does being the conference champ loser benefit you?

Wouldn’t you want to be the team that didn’t play in the conference championship that got into the playoffs?
Well it depends on the records of the second and third place teams. If Oregon is 13-0 and bears penn state who ends at 11-2 and OSU doesn't play in the game at ends at 10-2, it all depends on who they beat and lost to. The second place team likely got there because they have a better record anyway

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Well it depends on the records of the second and third place teams. If Oregon is 13-0 and bears penn state who ends at 11-2 and OSU doesn't play in the game at ends at 10-2, it all depends on who they beat and lost to. The second place team likely got there because they have a better record anyway
I’m talking about the teams that loses the conference chip how do they benefit?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
If they get close or play hard they could and likely would still get selected higher than the 3rd place team in their conference. In this example the loser of this scenario Penn State would likely still be ranked higher than OSU and other teams if they impressed.

I'm not sure if there's some point you're trying to get to...(Seriously, I am not dismissing your question or calling it dumb)

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando

All I know is it took Day 2 years to get 2 losses and he's never lost to an unranked team like sum people :ehh:

That 3rd base comment reeealllllyyyyyy got to you didn't it? :mjlol: It's been years now.. and ya'll are the only ones still talkin about it. The mans even coaching in the NFL now and not UM, and you're still feelin it. Talk about that real life ether :ahh:
dumb-and-dumber-jim-carrey.gif

This ain't no Zach Wilson @ BYU shyt going on.
This mf'er really tryna get negged before I lose net access in this damn hurricane. :birdman:
Yeah I remember that well but damn he got back in the game?!?
It's the SEC... iT JuSt mEaNs MoRe :unimpressed:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
If they get close or play hard they could and likely would still get selected higher than the 3rd place team in their conference. In this example the loser of this scenario Penn State would likely still be ranked higher than OSU and other teams if they impressed.

I'm not sure if there's some point you're trying to get to...(Seriously, I am not dismissing your question or calling it dumb)
If all 3 of the teams in your example make the playoffs why what do you gain from making and losing the conference chip? Now that I think about what do you really gain from winning the conference chip?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
If all 3 of the teams in your example make the playoffs why what do you gain from making and losing the conference chip? Now that I think about what do you really gain from winning the conference chip?
If you win you get a bye, right? And if you lose but look good you'll likely be ranked above the third place team and get home field. The benefits are clear. You want to make the title game.

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
That 3rd base comment reeealllllyyyyyy got to you didn't it? :mjlol: It's been years now.. and ya'll are the only ones still talkin about it. The mans even coaching in the NFL now and not UM, and you're still feelin it. Talk about that real life ether :ahh:

This mf'er really tryna get negged before I lose net access in this damn hurricane. :birdman:

It's the SEC... iT JuSt mEaNs MoRe :unimpressed:
Said he was born on third base and proved exactly that three years in a row. :laff:

Said he was gonna hang 100 on us and got blown out in the very next matchup. :laff:

That's the type of embarrassment that sticks with you.

Osmar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Some people believe it's a benefit to be the 5 seed.

Since conference champions are the top 4 seeds, some people think the 5 seed will be the loser of the SEC or Big 10 title game.

That means you play the 12 seed which could be the G5 champion at home

then have to play the 4 seed on a neutral field which could be the ACC champion or Big 12 champion