• Future

Votes: 5 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
even though bad bunny didn't win aoty, his nomination was the first all non-english album to be nominated for aoty in grammy history. his nomination opened so many doors for artists who make music in another language. you'll get it next time father!

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Why you gotta bring Esco into this. Nas been killing it in his own right
Bc that’s the only active peer jay z has so it’s a benchmark. I’m gonna expect the criteria to stay consistent. But it’s not.

Dudes :unimpressed:on an iconic jay verse yet in 3 years and 4 albums I literally don’t think I’ve seen Nas critiqued. Every album and song the reaction is just :salute:

Like word? So buddy really spit flames on WTF OMG huh? :patrice:

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ll make a separate thread and post actual stats and streaming numbers. I’ll make sure I tag you too.
I don’t pay attention to numbers, I pay attention to quality of the music. Is the music great or wack. You also have to think Nas had zero features on that album, so the streams are based off his fan base that probably don’t even stream like that. He had no heavy features to help boost streaming numbers. You still worried about numbers in 2023 fam?

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bc that’s the only active peer jay z has so it’s a benchmark. I’m gonna expect the criteria to stay consistent. But it’s not.

Dudes :unimpressed:on an iconic jay verse yet in 3 years and 4 albums I literally don’t think I’ve seen Nas critiqued. Every album and song the reaction is just :salute:

Like word? So buddy really spit flames on WTF OMG huh? :patrice:
That wtf smh is dope. What are you saying? What has Nas really needed to be criticized about over the last 4 albums in 2 years, 30 years in? Nas has gotten all the props he has always deserved.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I don’t pay attention to numbers, I pay attention to quality of the music. Is the music great or wack. You also have to think Nas had zero features on that album, so the streams are based off his fan base that probably don’t even stream like that. He had no heavy features to help boost streaming numbers. You still worried about numbers in 2023 fam?
Not just numbers. The only lyrics that got attention were the “takeover beef ain’t over” lines because of Jay Z. Album didn’t have many quotables. It got the obligatory “great album” reaction Friday and then people went back to work on Monday and forgot it existed.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
All in all the show was enjoyable. Noah did well. The piss breaks were few and far between. The big 4 did not have obvious winners which is crazy.

Personally, the hip-hop tribute was amazing. Samara Joy won Best New Artist. The show led off with fukkin merengue of all things.

Lizzo
Samara Joy 2x
Kendrick Lamar 2x
Beyonce 4x
Muni Long
Nile Rodgers 2x
The-Dream 2x
Raphael Saadiq 2x
Steve Lacy
Robert Glasper
Dave Chappelle
Viola Davis (EGOT!)
Future
Drake
Tems
Kirk Franklin 3x
Aaron Neville
J. Ivy
Tennessee State University Marching Band

all won Grammys tonight. Salute

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Damn everyone hate jay don’t they

Or

Hear me out

It’s just guys here and online don’t know how respected he is in the hip-hop world

:ohhh:

If you let The Coli tell it, Jay-Z isn't a huge deal in real life.

I've learned that in the booth there are maybe 15 guys or so with
opinions I really respect, the rest are in lala land.