The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
If I was even a 3 star recruit and Miami offered, I'm accepting immediately. I'm gonna go and do just enough to not lose my scholly. I'm prob not going to the NFL anyway so why not live it up with those broads. Lol
Just catching up, I think it depends especially back in day because in Miami you dont really get that big man on campus feel, its a private school with little overlap with status in a city flooded with money that people use as a playground. Like if you are a teen brother, and you go to Tally, you think you are in HEAVEN, college town with HBCU next door, FAMU alone is something that make fsu amazing but it could be a distraction also..

Now with NIL, these freshman living like KINGS, I seen these boys whips and they all getting like 15-20k monthly.. That will get you right in miami, lmaoo.. Sitting in family section, the gf look like they leveled up also, and it shows because now you got miami heat type drama where the new GF got jersey on and ex gf pullin up with one too.. :mjlol:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I know this will go counter to how the nuthuggers on here feel but the only thing standing between me and a huge payday is TCU beating the shyt out Colorado and UVA getting blasted by Tennessee. I know one coming off a tragedy and the other is a tragedy waiting to happen but fukk’em. My pockets >>>> narratives

Lmaooooo

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Miami offense still looking :trash:
Wont comment til next week.. They did what they had to do against opponent in front of them.. Not everyone got the best OC in the game to watch weekly.. But Defense showed up and thats more important

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
F5Bs3NbXYAA_ab2

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Rece Davis called Drake Maye one of the top 5 QB prospects he’s ever seen…..

Thats some insane dikklicking right there man :francis:
I didnt hear so dont have context but if we are talking about just drawing em up.. On paper, elite measureables, GREAT arm, about 6'4-6'5 but not a statue, Very mobile with great size, Tough and ran hard last year, led team in rushing, arm can make ALL the throws, ACCURATE, ACCURATE, ACCURATE (to me most important thing at QB) comes from athletic family who was raised around ball, good mental makeup..

I can understand it, if you were to draw up a qb thats what you want..

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I didnt hear so dont have context but if we are talking about just drawing em up.. On paper, elite measureables, GREAT arm, about 6'4-6'5 but not a statue, Very mobile with great size, Tough and ran hard last year, led team in rushing, arm can make ALL the throws, ACCURATE, ACCURATE, ACCURATE (to me most important thing at QB) comes from athletic family who was raised around ball, good mental makeup..

I can understand it, if you were to draw up a qb thats what you want..
You just described Joe Burrow who is all those things but a much better QB in every way.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Emmanuel Acho called Caleb Williams the best college QB he’s ever seen.

Matt Leinart called Bryce Young the best prospect he’s ever seen.

Hell Mel Kiper did a whole media tour on why Will Levis should be the #1 overall pick.

And I think the world of both Caleb and Bryce, and I think Drake Maye is great

But this is just the new norm, they can’t praise these guys without calling them the best EVER. Generational. Whatever you want to call it.

We’re not even that far removed from seeing Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawrence, Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Tua, and Kyler Murray in college.
Its a difference in saying it about Caleb, Bryce, Trevor, Burrow, etc. vs saying it about Drake Maye, Will Levis, Blaine Gabbert, etc.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
You just described Joe Burrow who is all those things but a much better QB in every way.
Would you say that about Joe after he only completed 2 years in his college career or you comparing to 5 years of college under his belt AND NFL seasons, lol.. Come on, NOBODY was even talking about Burrow like that even after starting year 4 at LSU! 4 years in college Burrow had 18 TD passes. Drake as RS freshman had 38 TDs with 700 yards rushing and additional 7 tds..

Im not even a drake maye guy like that but saw him in person and he is different for sure.. hard comparison to use developed burrow from kid who came out the gate lighting it up