The OFFICIAL 2022 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
If you gotta do all that in your commercial for a housing loan letting the Latin community know you are friendly, they fukkin over them like a nikka sexin in the top bunk

Osmar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn Luke Fickell was ready to get out of Cincinnati. He just got to Wisconsin and he already coaching in the bowl game. I don’t think I ever seen that before

Sonny Dykes coached SMU in a bowl game 2 weeks after he was hired.

Last edited:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Man…..I be completely forgetting Ohio State played for the title a few years ago….

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

It’s a talent race

You're my guy but I just abhor lists like that. So Georgia has more players that were very talented seniors in HS. Cool. How many of them would start if they transferred to Michigan right now? Not enough to make a big difference. The talent gap is not that big. Michigan is better in the trenches this year. Georgia has more consistent QB play. Michigan has better RBs and a better secondary.

And more than anything, it does nothing to account for development. So, the star listings don't mean a whole lot after these dudes freshman years.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
You're my guy but I just abhor lists like that. So Georgia has more players that were very talented seniors in HS. Cool. How many of them would start if they transferred to Michigan right now? Not enough to make a big difference. The talent gap is not that big. Michigan is better in the trenches this year. Georgia has more consistent QB play. Michigan has better RBs and a better secondary.

And more than anything, it does nothing to account for development. So, the star listings don't mean a whole lot after these dudes freshman years.
Please forgive the long response

They are developing, the thing about it is uga gets quality dudes(top 100 dudes, usually top ten at their position) and develop them, we take 3-4 stars and develop them, can they start at Michigan, probably so, being buried on the depth chart behind the number 1 guy at your position from 2 years ago and the rest of you are top1-7 respectively has got to be frustrating, but yes they would probably start outside some positions we have

i think when we have this debate, you think i admonish Michigan and praise osu/uga/Bama, but these are all lottery tickets, and some of these have at least three or more of the numbers guaranteed, vs 2 to none guaranteed for us. It’s no exact science to this, but if you keep recruiting the top 5-10 of positions the odds say more will be freaks of nature or just good af that just need more coaching, it’s not a ton of nikobe deans walking around (run a 4.3, stuff the run and cover your wr, and an engineer major) or karter who was playing Dt/De in college undersized who took our pulling guard and stoned him in the gap, who rushed the passer then turned around and made a tackle 15 yards down field, and is now an edge rusher in the nfl.

Yes we have dudes that have developed into high draft quality, but the depth of that, we are lacking, if we are truly to take another step, that means when jobo, hutch, hill, DPJ, niko, etc go, the next guy picks up and does close to or as good/better

That’s honestly the problem with osu and how we’ve managed to play catch up, they can’t big boy recruit, so no more bosa bros or young or latimore etc these were really exceptional dudes, that allowed them to be better than what the rest of the big could come close to, you see a lot of these osu games are rock fights til eventually the talent keeps getting bites of the apple and some thing pops, Days lost 4 games, they ain’t soft, their is a disparity of talent compared to their peers in death stars, which is why they may make the playoffs but get rolled up by who they face even in the urban days

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin