The OFFICIAL 2022 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I think Florida knows what they have in Napier already….

Need to see a guy like Venables get to year 3 just cause he is a first time coach and i’ve never seen anyone not have success at OU in my time watching CFB. We’ll see though.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Even pre portal, We saw what happened when Harbaugh got to Michigan and Urban got to Ohio St.

We also saw when LincGOAT took over from Stoops and went into Columbus and laid the smackdown on @smitty22 and his buckeyes

Great coaching shows on the field. Great coaches don’t get blown out/lose to teams they aren’t supposed to (often).

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama

Not sure how good this dude is but TCU trying :ehh: JoJo should be nice for them if he can stay healthy.

Saban needs to hire Garrett Riley away from them to be our OC.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Do y’all agree that “give a coach 3-4 years” doesn’t apply in today’s game?

I 100% agree with at least 3 years, preferably 4, because it goes both ways. Year 1 a lot of coaches are fradulent because their lack of player development and poor recruiting hasn't been exposed yet.

2011 Brady Hoke - 11–2
2012 - 8-5
2013 - 7-6
2014 - 5-7

3-4 years you get to know who that coach really is, both directions.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
ITS TIME
Famous-Idaho-Potato-Bowl.jpg

eagle-eating.gif
vs
300-movie.gif

THE LEGENDARY EASTERN MICHIGAN EAGLES vs. the FORGETTABLE SAN JOSE ST SPARTANS​

giphy.gif

EMU - 63
SJSU - 2 (EMU victory formation in own endzone)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do y’all agree that “give a coach 3-4 years” doesn’t apply in today’s game?

You definitely need time to turn around a program. His points are very flawed.

You need years of sustained success to show me that you turned around a program. That does not happen overnight. One successful year does not indicate that you have completely turned a program around. If anything, it's very misleading, and can be an anomaly. If you can recruit the right kids out of the transfer portal, and they happen to have chemistry, you can have a great one year.

Nah you actually need to build the program.

Michigan State had a great year in Mel's tucker second year. What happened this year? In reality, he always needed 3-4 years. However, the one good year gave the perception that he was ahead of schedule, when that really was not the case.

Tennessee had a great year this year. However, it would not surprise me whatsoever if they had a mediocre year next year. The same with TCU.

In this era, a school can have one great year, and be garbage the following year.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
We talkin' potatoes in here during the game, official

first

HOT TAKE:

Hasbrowns for breakfast...fire

but ketchup? What kind of animals are you eating ketchup (already a C- condiment), with breakfast? You having some pancakes or french toast, some eggs, some bacon...and you want to sully that with some hash browns with ketchup? :scust: you better hit that salt and savory and put some SYRUP on that shyt :myman:

Ketchup with breakfast is nonsense.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Even pre portal, We saw what happened when Harbaugh got to Michigan and Urban got to Ohio St.

We also saw when LincGOAT took over from Stoops and went into Columbus and laid the smackdown on @smitty22 and his buckeyes

Great coaching shows on the field. Great coaches don’t get blown out/lose to teams they aren’t supposed to (often).
What’s with all these shots? Going from the Peach to the Poinsettia got you all in your feelings :beutusDamn: