The OFFICIAL 2021 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just listened to the Andy Staples podcast on best jobs in the SEC I didn't like they're assessment on this one at all. It's not even because of the low ranking they gave South Carolina (We got top 5 football facilities in the country). They made some good points but a lot I didn't agree with. They based a lot of shyt about our 2021 recruiting a two win season with a fired head coach that was really at sitting duck since 2019.

@DropTopDoc
Have you check it out yet?
Really? What kind of additions y’all made to the facilities?
So you saying all that HBCU talk he does ain’t real?:mjpls:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Your words, your fukkery :ufdup:. Why you gotta bring my cat into this :mjtf:? Ill have you know he’s been offered and of course declined to become the new mascot of Clemson, Auburn, LSU, and the Detroit Lions :sas2:

only thing the lions beat on sundays was the Christians :mjlol:

Imagining Smitty coming in from a long day at work, then comes home and says “who’s happy to see daddy? That’s right it’s you Brutus :mjlol::dead:

I just listened to the Andy Staples podcast on best jobs in the SEC I didn't like they're assessment on this one at all. It's not even because of the low ranking they gave South Carolina (We got top 5 football facilities in the country). They made some good points but a lot I didn't agree with. They based a lot of shyt about our 2021 recruiting a two win season with a fired head coach that was really at sitting duck since 2019.

@DropTopDoc
Have you check it out yet?

it’s no knock on you all, it’s taking into account recruiting areas, competition of said areas, reality of winning the conference/chip, and acquisition of said talent, Columbia is a fine town with great facilities, but odds say you have a battle ahead of you to win the sec let alone the state

I think Alabama should be lower because if the avg cat is taking over the crimson tide that would assume you would still get those special players, and coordinators, Sagan’s got the eye for talent the program/infrastructure in place, and the money behind him, i don’t think anyone could replicate that, and let a nikka go more than 3 seasons without a chip, they gon be at the coaches crib with torches, and not the kind to gurd up white supremacy but to run that coach out of town, i have more thoughts, we may have to do a show on the rankings

Always got :mjpls: vibes from Leach.

exactly, i seen that earlier, I’m like tf he trying to say

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
it’s no knock on you all, it’s taking into account recruiting areas, competition of said areas, reality of winning the conference/chip, and acquisition of said talent, Columbia is a fine town with great facilities, but odds say you have a battle ahead of you to win the sec let alone the state

I think Alabama should be lower because if the avg cat is taking over the crimson tide that would assume you would still get those special players, and coordinators, Sagan’s got the eye for talent the program/infrastructure in place, and the money behind him, i don’t think anyone could replicate that, and let a nikka go more than 3 seasons without a chip, they gon be at the coaches crib with torches, and not the kind to gurd up white supremacy but to run that coach out of town, i have more thoughts, we may have to do a show on the rankings

Again them basing things off 2021 like thats our history of recruiting is bad faith argument.

Also, I don't think you can have Auburn and Kentucky that close to each other when you have UK high for keep a coach that wins 7 games a year and Auburn will fire a coach that won a National Championship and a winning coach that played for the title game with the quickness (@Sauce Dab both should have got fired) just saying Auburn is a job that keeps coaches on the hot seat so right now that's not really a top job. Let's not talk about the place that is Tennessee.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin

Hey i ain’t associated with his fukkery

Really? What kind of additions y’all made to the facilities?

So you saying all that HBCU talk he does ain’t real?:mjpls:

I’m certified here sir :mjpls: the rest of you all going to the white mans schools

You see it :mjpls:

:smh:

I see it’s time for another eye exam

:mjcry:

Again them basing things off 2021 like thats our history of recruiting is bad faith argument.

Also, I don't think you can have Auburn and Kentucky that close to each other when you have UK high for keep a coach that wins 7 games a year and Auburn will fire a coach that won a National Championship and a winning coach that played for the title game with the quickness (@Sauce Dab both should have got fired) just saying Auburn is a job that keeps coaches on the hot seat so right now that's not really a top job. Let's not talk about the place that is Tennessee.

the Kentucky job is decent because they can recruit in the Midwest with an sec offer, he can recruit Tennessee, also winning 7 games or more makes you golden, in Kentucky at least, because it’s about the basketball team, and he can leverage more money when other schools come calling

you (usc) had your best recruiting classes with spurrier, none before, not sure has any come close since ?

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
the Kentucky job is decent because they can recruit in the Midwest with an sec offer, he can recruit Tennessee, also winning 7 games or more makes you golden, in Kentucky at least, because it’s about the basketball team, and he can leverage more money when other schools come calling

you (usc) had your best recruiting classes with spurrier, none before, not sure has any come close since ?

We got a new HBC in town the other the guy had a unique way of recruiting which ultimately cost him his job. His best year was with several Spurrier tenure recruited players we beat Michigan in a ball game that year.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama

I disagree only because if you look at the history from Bear to now Saban, Alabama has still been solid.

Bear was of course Bear
Perkins was average
Curry won a SEC title
Stallings won a National Title
DuBose won a SEC title but fukked himself over
Franchione should have won the SEC in 2002 but we were on probation
Shula was mid but did have that really good 2005 season
And of course Saban just doing GOAT things

So yeah is following Saban going to be an incredibly hard task? Yes, but I think Saban will leave the program in great shape and make it easier for the next coach to have success. Look at Oklahoma post-Stoops and Ohio State post-Urban. Alabama won’t necessarily be Nebraska status post-Saban.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
I disagree only because if you look at the history from Bear to now Saban, Alabama has still been solid.

Bear was of course Bear
Perkins was average
Curry won a SEC title
Stallings won a National Title
DuBose won a SEC title but fukked himself over
Franchione should have won the SEC in 2002 but we were on probation
Shula was mid but did have that really good 2005 season
And of course Saban just doing GOAT things

So yeah is following Saban going to be an incredibly hard task? Yes, but I think Saban will leave the program in great shape and make it easier for the next coach to have success. Look at Oklahoma post-Stoops and Ohio State post-Urban. Alabama won’t necessarily be Nebraska status post-Saban.

That’s assuming you can continue his success, every coach not named Bryant and saban, got ran out of town

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
@DropTopDoc @Trust Me don't buy the hype we're winning 8 games next year.

Lol he's a legacy (both parents) who only wavered when there was uncertainty around the coaches. Michigan would have needed to give him a reason not to sign.

Can't spell thot without OH.

after last year I’ll take 8-10, i think that’s our current sweet spot until we have a break out year