The OFFICIAL 2021 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, zero shot at that happening, I know people want to drum up this nightmare scenario of a 10-2 at-large Alabama making the CFP but just two years ago, a 2 loss non-champion Alabama got left out of the playoff (as they should have). I know we get the benefit of the doubt sometimes but people need to relax.
that field was SUPER strong with LSU, Clemson & OSU all being undefeated and Oklahoma 1 loss with two wins over Baylor

this year ... you have Georgia ... then what else? MSU & Oklahoma who are both liable to drop a game - then one loss Oregon/OSU - its unnecessarily opening the door for that potential for Bama, thats all people seem to be feeling right now

it is a bit confusing what their current case is for #2 with one loss, it does seem to imply what they expect to happen in the future (which I dont think is the point of the rankings?)

Im not a huge CFB fan, but I found the conversation around these rankings interesting, its not just Bama's placement at #2 that is causing confusion

Francium

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If it was only two teams, MSU would've been number 2. Nothing really crazy about the first rankings except for Wisconsin being ranked while Penn State wasn't.

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
“The LSU [coaching search] is really interesting because even though Jimbo Fisher at Texas A&M had said he plans to remain on at A&M — and that kind of doused a lot of the speculation that Scott Woodward, the AD at LSU, would be able to hire him again,” explained Feldman. “Remember Woodward — when he was the AD at A&M — was able to pry Jimbo Fisher away from FSU.

“From what I’m hearing from people around LSU is that Scott Woodward is not giving up easily. And he feels like he may be able to pull Jimbo Fisher again even though the A&M people are like ‘no, that’s not happening.’ So we’ll see how that plays out.”

The possibility of stealing away Fisher seeming more and more difficult after his newest contract extension was signed earlier this year. If Woodward is not able to get his man, Feldman believes LSU insiders have begun to support bringing in another member of the SEC coaching tree. Michigan State’s Mel Tucker could be the man for the job.

“Mel Tucker is a guy that has obviously had a terrific year and done a really good job turning around Michigan State,” Feldman continued. “He’s a former LSU assistant, former Nick Saban assistant. He is very well thought of by a lot of people inside LSU, especially some really influential people.

“But ultimately this will be Scott Woodward’s hire. Can Jimbo Fisher really say no to him? We’ll see

goes with what I been reading, I also have heard Lincoln Riley is the 1st choice with Jimbo being the next guy in line and then Mel Tucker/Dave Aranda

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
goes with what I been reading, I also have heard Lincoln Riley is the 1st choice with Jimbo being the next guy in line and then Mel Tucker/Dave Aranda
Riley and Jimbo ain’t putting y’all over the top like y’all think it will. Y’all won’t ever be trash but they won’t live up to the big ass contract that y’all would give them imo

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Yeah, zero shot at that happening, I know people want to drum up this nightmare scenario of a 10-2 at-large Alabama making the CFP but just two years ago, a 2 loss non-champion Alabama got left out of the playoff (as they should have). I know we get the benefit of the doubt sometimes but people need to relax.
A voter on the committee said the other night that if Auburn were to win out that there’s no way they could left out the playoff.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
A voter on the committee said the other night that if Auburn were to win out that there’s no way they could left out the playoff.

tiger-woods.gif

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
I just saw that on tv. Apparently, she was over there overnight and woke up when he penetrated her. :yeshrug: I will reserve judgment and not form an opinion until the facts come out

Gotta move smarter than this.

Athens-Clarke police investigating rape allegation against Georgia football linebacker

Athens-Clarke County police are investigating an allegation of rape against Georgia outside linebacker Adam Anderson, according to a police incident report obtained Thursday by the Athens Banner-Herald.

No arrest has been made, according to ACC police Lt. Shaun Barnett, who said he did not know if charges will be filed.

“It’s still open and still under investigation,” he said. “It’s depending on how the investigation plays out that will determine that.”

A 21-year-old female told police she went to an Athens residence between 12 a.m. and 7 a.m. on Friday Oct. 29 after having drinks and awoke with Anderson penetrating her while she was lying in bed.

She told police that it was nonconsensual and she was able to leave, according to the report.