The OFFICIAL 2021 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
LSU fans literally wanted Coach O gone after losing to Troy that year, You were one of them :russ:

And Les Miles was literally on the hot seat from 08-10 and would have been fired had they not had that great 2011 season, Then when Bama drug yall in the title game he went right back on it and some of the fanbase wanted him out after that game :heh:
Lsu fans might have wanted him gone but he’s wasn’t even close to being fired then, the school wouldn’t of been able to afford it.

and Les was here more than a decade, won 2 conference titles and one national championship of course he was goin to catch heat his weaknesses were glaring AF

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Why do y’all say that? These freshman do play if they’re good enough, I know Bama and UGA plays a lot of freshman

Key operating word is “if”, and a quick survey of playing time will show it’s not a ton, if at all for 2-3 years, getting in for one play or two against Tennessee, or mop up duty against sisters of the sacred heart all girls jv debate team is not not the same, when they could go to an Arkansas and possibly start or be the 2 on depth chart. If three nikkas in your class show up, better or equal to you, with 2-3 better in front of you, and 2-3 more coming next year, it’s so easy to get caught up and get buried

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Yeah you can get drafted from anywhere but you pick the schools who already got a good track record of putting guys in the league

But it’s usually so much turn over that half them coaches that got nikkas to the league ain’t there, outside of nick how many coaches are personally getting someone better

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Key operating word is “if”, and a quick survey of playing time will show it’s not a ton, if at all for 2-3 years, getting in for one play or two against Tennessee, or mop up duty against sisters of the sacred heart all girls jv debate team is not not the same, when they could go to an Arkansas and possibly start or be the 2 on depth chart. If three nikkas in your class show up, better or equal to you, with 2-3 better in front of you, and 2-3 more coming next year, it’s so easy to get caught up and get buried
If I was a coach and a kid is telling me he’s scared to compete I wouldn’t want him anyways

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But it’s usually so much turn over that half them coaches that got nikkas to the league ain’t there, outside of nick how many coaches are personally getting someone better
Baker mayfield was a walk on and Lincoln Riley got him drafted #1

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
If I was a coach and a kid is telling me he’s scared to compete I wouldn’t want him anyways

being scared to compete and jumping in a situation that will make your journey infinitely harder is an entirely different scenario, never mind the politics that goes with some of these kids at programs, image you are a qb and you see Bo Nix won’t be dethroned as a starter because of his dads ties to the program, so no matter how good you are you will never get a shot. No one is saying go to Dixie St or Campbell but you can get drafted going to Ole Miss, Tennessee, Vandy, it’s just so many kids have been brainwashed into thinking that’s the “way” whole time, all them drafted kids be washed out the league in 2-3 years

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
being scared to compete and jumping in a situation that will make your journey infinitely harder is an entirely different scenario, never mind the politics that goes with some of these kids at programs, image you are a qb and you see Bo Nix won’t be dethroned as a starter because of his dads ties to the program, so no matter how good you are you will never get a shot. No one is saying go to Dixie St or Campbell but you can get drafted going to Ole Miss, Tennessee, Vandy, it’s just so many kids have been brainwashed into thinking that’s the “way” whole time, all them drafted kids be washed out the league in 2-3 years
This isn’t usually the case on defense though

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
usually seniority, will keep a lot of promising young boys from getting burn
Ehhhh, If you good enough to be a difference maker on defense they'll find PT for you even if you don't start. Of course this is just off the dome but:

Stingley
Rashan Gary
Clowney
Kayvan Thib

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Ehhhh, If you good enough to be a difference maker on defense they'll find PT for you even if you don't start. Of course this is just off the dome but:

Stingley
Rashan Gary
Clowney
Kayvan Thib

you naming five stars who were above some of the five stars in their class and when they showed up in their respective colleges they were probably better than what was out there, or damn near just as good as anything out there

i get your point some programs find a way, but this isn’t a foreign concept that a lot of kids going to a program full of the top 1% of college football elite because it’s high 5-4 stars when you show up, in your class, and the class behind you, and it is easy to get buried, be it an untimely injury, or just not enough snaps, or seniority