The OFFICIAL 2021 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
To throw to who after Warner just up and left? Lol.

Let's be real. It's another year, another Martinez for like the 10th year in a row for dem Cornhuskers.

them nikkas keep a Martinez like a construction company, but they gotta figure a way to get skill postion talent, they better snipe that transfer portal

that was a good read, i know where you stand, but that one point in the article i believe makes it worth it, “coaches will have to recruit themselves, to keep talent and depth” gone will be the day of schools stockpiling talent keeping a kid tucked away for 2-3 years, you gon have to shyt or get off the pot.

A lot of kids are transferring and it’s not nan demand for them, look i get it, you feel like you should get some burn, but like the one kid, getting in the bowl game and getting one tackle, and transferring:francis: tf was looking for you?

also are any of these kids looking at any of the smaller schools that’s D2/D3 ?? Not saying that they automatically a good fit, but they usually aren’t getting D1 sized kids so you may be a preferred grab. I’m still totally for the portal, but like how the sec proposed maybe don’t limit kids who are eligible to count towards your 85 limit, and that may remedy the issue but nikkas not trying to do that

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
@DropTopDoc Transfer portal sniping their ass :heh:. It's one thing for players to be transferring because of coaching tunrover, pending sanctions, etc. But, these youngin's just giving up on Frost who is supposed to be building something off GP. Granted, its prob playing time for a lot of them that's an issue but some of these dudes were captains and shyt.

That's like 3 or so former 4 star dude dippin out just this past season, and then a few 3 star development dudes to boot.

At some point, we gotta talk about Frost not having the juice. :smugdraper:

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
@DropTopDoc Transfer portal sniping their ass :heh:. It's one thing for players to be transferring because of coaching tunrover, pending sanctions, etc. But, these youngin's just giving up on Frost who is supposed to be building something off GP. Granted, its prob playing time for a lot of them that's an issue but some of these dudes were captains and shyt.

That's like 3 or so former 4 star dude dippin out just this past season, and then a few 3 star development dudes to boot.

@Trust the Frostcess :damn:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC

They get there and realize they're in Nebraska :mjlol:

I think the player licensing can help keep some players where they're at. I mean if you getting some pocket money from the local spot you might hang round some places

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin

hence me thinking they better find some of these kids stuck in portal purgatory, but you in
@Lucky_Lefty wheelhouse because he say frost a fraud, i say somewhat, but Nebraska is a school stuck in former glory, a shytty recruiting area, and the one Dude who made it work he was insufferable so here we are. He’s going to have to work hard to get that Florida Texas Cali talent, I’m trippin thinking damn them nikkas can’t pay nobody

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
They get there and realize they're in Nebraska :mjlol:

I think the player licensing can help keep some players where they're at. I mean if you getting some pocket money from the local spot you might hang round some places

that’s the thing though, there was a point they convinced plenty talent to thug it out in lincoln

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
them nikkas keep a Martinez like a construction company, but they gotta figure a way to get skill postion talent, they better snipe that transfer portal

that was a good read, i know where you stand, but that one point in the article i believe makes it worth it, “coaches will have to recruit themselves, to keep talent and depth” gone will be the day of schools stockpiling talent keeping a kid tucked away for 2-3 years, you gon have to shyt or get off the pot.

A lot of kids are transferring and it’s not nan demand for them, look i get it, you feel like you should get some burn, but like the one kid, getting in the bowl game and getting one tackle, and transferring:francis: tf was looking for you?

also are any of these kids looking at any of the smaller schools that’s D2/D3 ?? Not saying that they automatically a good fit, but they usually aren’t getting D1 sized kids so you may be a preferred grab. I’m still totally for the portal, but like how the sec proposed maybe don’t limit kids who are eligible to count towards your 85 limit, and that may remedy the issue but nikkas not trying to do that

Right. They gon have to boguard them small school spots.
A lot of kids come out the gate punching above their level and most schools really aint developing anybody like that.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Like why is this cat in the portal?

He started at OU. Played well for an OU DB and was most likely gonna start this year.
Now does he all of a sudden decide that another school can get the best out of him? Tired of ou?
He prob not gon be stuck in the tp but its his choice, he grown and whatever happen to him I got 0 pity for like all these other kids. Let em make their own beds

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
there was a time they had texas, Florida and Cali talent, they better open up that purse

I dont think the purse ever closed but them nikkas got sorry, switched conferences and got bullied, and then they got to recruiting kids who don't know a damn thing bout the Midwest and realize it aint it.
The days of Nebraska being anything are done.
Matter fact I think almost ALL of the Midwest is done being players on the main stage. They aint got the HS foundation like that. They gotta get the kids that texas, tamu,OU, and Okie St dont want. And then you got schools like Bama and OSu poaching from in there. It's a wrap for them

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Like why is this cat in the portal?

He started at OU. Played well for an OU DB and was most likely gonna start this year.
Now does he all of a sudden decide that another school can get the best out of him? Tired of ou?
He prob not gon be stuck in the tp but its his choice, he grown and whatever happen to him I got 0 pity for like all these other kids. Let em make their own beds

He is not liked by Sooner Nation apparently lol. Largely dude to missed tackles and heavy on the penalties (I.e., PI Calls). Still though, it's a head scratcher for sure. They appear to need the depth he provided and for any mistakes, he's apparently a baller nonetheless who's been playing outta position in Grinch's defense.

If I had to bet, I'd say the hometown kid wanna go home to Cali or since his best friend who committed to OU with him bounced and went to Utah, he following suit. Either than or somebody been tampering like a mf lol.

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
Wandale, JD Spielman & the Florida kids are the transfers that hurt.

Kurt Warner's son sucks & got benched in the middle of the season, and he was a walk-on

Luke McCaffrey is honestly the WORST QB I have ever seen throw a football. You wanna watch some bad QB play? Watch the Illinois game from last season. Dude is AWFUL at passing. Frost gave him the chance to take the starting job from Martinez but dude is fukkING AWFUL. However, he is 6'2 200 with a 4.3 40. Michigan, UCLA and Ohio State all recruited him at WR but Nebraska was the only team that told him he could play QB. Frost told him they were going to move him to WR and he said fukk that and entered the portal :yeshrug:

Literally everyone else that left was a benchwarmer.