The OFFICIAL 2021 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Which Texas and OU joining the SEC, what new heated rivalries y’all think will be created?
Texas restores their rivalry with A&M and Arky. And I’m almost sure a rivalry will grow between them and LSU. Not sure about OU but they’ll need to create a rivalry with someone outside of UT. Maybe A&M and Arky, but they need to add someone like Bama or Georgia.

3rd Koast Kang

Superstar
Daps
Which Texas and OU joining the SEC, what new heated rivalries y’all think will be created?
I don’t think we’ll really know until we get a few games out the way. Other than LSU and Bama, I don’t think Texas has an extensive history with the other SEC schools. All time matchups with Texas:

South Carolina: 1 (1957)
Auburn: 8 (None since 1991)
Florida: 3 (none since 1940)
Georgia: 5
Kentucky: 1 (1951)
Ole Miss: 7
Miss state: 4
Vanderbilt: 12 (last played 1928 lol)

Arkansas don’t count because they were in the SWC. Neither does Missouri. I could see a lil rivalry brewing between Texas and Tennessee over who the real UT is lol.

Long story short it’ll take a few matchups between the teams to develop something. I’d love for LSU to become a rival though. I know a lot of LSU fans personally so that’ll make it more fun for me.

Francium

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No funny stuff, but this kid had so much promise and he’s had nothing but a rough time since being a Trojan. Hope he’s innocent. If not, he’s a fool when he had a starting WR role locked up.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Texas restores their rivalry with A&M and Arky. And I’m almost sure a rivalry will grow between them and LSU. Not sure about OU but they’ll need to create a rivalry with someone outside of UT. Maybe A&M and Arky, but they need to add someone like Bama or Georgia.
Spurts transferring, the 2014 Trevor Knight supershow, their playoff game a couple seasons ago, Bama and OU will do enough to form an on the field rivalry

It's gonna be really hard for those two to create real vitriol with any of the SEC joints that aren't in proximity to Texas like that. Been 9 years and A&M doesn't have any that Texas wouldn't have.

Edit: I think the best version of this, quality wise, is them finding a format that allows THOSE teams to be the SEC's version of the B12. OU, Texas, Arky, Missouri, LSU and A&M. LSU obv has a lot of real south ties that have to be maintained, but this road allows them to finally find a niche for Missouri, capitalize off the hype A&M has gotten since Fisher's arrival, make Ark relevant, and use a powerhouse (LSU) to gradually get those two over the bridge. How you promote that, I don't know

Francium

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was the fella that committed 3 different times right?
Yep even enrolled at Texas because he didn’t believe in Helton. Got homesick and decided to come back for his dream school. Was a top 10 recruit in that class.