The OFFICIAL 2021 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I dunno about that, Saban is just unable to beat a great Auburn team. He never has. While he's been at Alabama, those endings have been mostly some insane ones, but it's not like the model of those teams is irreplaceable. They had stellar front 7 play that usually got clutch stops, opportunistic plays from the secondary, and enough from the running game. Even if all of them ended in losses, you'd still look at those teams and say they were right there with the opponent

I would say Auburn has been in a position to beat Alabama 6 out of 13 times, and 2 more times, they had the defense for it but horrendous QB situations. This is just my opinion, but I believe the program has an inner belief they can beat Alabama any year, they just need consistent coaching. If anything, Harsin and Bobo should be consistent

I said when Harsin got hired that Auburn will probably be more consistent, whether that’s a consistent 8 win team or a consistent 10-11 win team remains to be seen BUT Malzahn was an agent of chaos and was able to get his teams up with beat Alabama when they were the inferior squad, he’s more of a Hugh Freeze who thrives on fukkery than an Urban Meyer who’s more consistent.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
I said when Harsin got hired that Auburn will probably be more consistent, whether that’s a consistent 8 win team or a consistent 10-11 win team remains to be seen BUT Malzahn was an agent of chaos and was able to get his teams up with beat Alabama when they were the inferior squad, he’s more of a Hugh Freeze who thrives on fukkery than an Urban Meyer who’s more consistent.
There are some games when we played Auburn where I swear it looked like Mahlzahn took money under the table to throw the game but make it look close.

There was one game where they had us all but beat going into halftime(I know cause I turned it off). We couldn't stop Kerryon Johnson and they ad one of the most automatic kickers in history.They came out the second half throwing bombs and kept going three and out and letting us back in. We won with a game winning field goal.

Who would even coach like that in that situation? He had to have gotten the call at halftime.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

I think talent wise they are there somewhat, but most of their wins have come on the back of a phenomenal athlete at qb or fukkery or both, people will look at y’all rivalry and ours and be like why not, but all things aren’t equal, but if auburn takes on the msu mentality with better players, then they can really make strides, just scoop up good 3 stars build them up and every other year challenge the sec

RammerJammer

Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
There are some games when we played Auburn where I swear it looked like Mahlzahn took money under the table to throw the game but make it look close.

There was one game where they had us all but beat going into halftime(I know cause I turned it off). We couldn't stop Kerryon Johnson and they ad one of the most automatic kickers in history.They came out the second half throwing bombs and kept going three and out and letting us back in. We won with a game winning field goal.

Who would even coach like that in that situation? He had to have gotten the call at halftime.

I remember that game, y’all was getting cooked, TigerDroppings was pure comedy, and yeah idk how y’all came back, I think DJ Chark had a game winning return but that’s Malzahn for you.

I always found it weird that outside of the 2010 & 2014 Iron Bowls, his offenses didn’t do shyt in Tuscaloosa, Stidham looked like a legit pro QB at JHS against us, Bo Nix actually looked like a college QB against us at JHS, but when Auburn came to Tuscaloosa, it seemed like Gus went brain dead and had no clue how to run an offense. I know home field advantage plays a part but damn, drastic differences.

RammerJammer

Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama

Iconic moment :wow:

I wasn’t alive for the 92 chip and growing up all I knew was the “glory days” and losing to Auburn in the Iron Bowl so seeing Alabama not only beating Florida but going on to play for a National Title, on the same field as the historic USC/Texas game was so surreal.

Florida and Texas were never the same after that season

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans

That was one of my Favorite game, Auburn fans on here were already celebrating days before the game even happened. That game thread was a classics

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
I think talent wise they are there somewhat, but most of their wins have come on the back of a phenomenal athlete at qb or fukkery or both, people will look at y’all rivalry and ours and be like why not, but all things aren’t equal, but if auburn takes on the msu mentality with better players, then they can really make strides, just scoop up good 3 stars build them up and every other year challenge the sec

We gets 4 stars easy..There is no depending on 3 stars. There's too much talent close to Auburn that will come to Auburn. And if the coach can't get them, we get a new coach.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Here's a post that Michigan haters are gonna love.. and Michigan fans are gonna :mjcry: over. This either goes one of two ways.. with the times.. or goes to shyt altogether and Michigan becomes Northwestern. :francis: Kinda long so I'll spoiler it.. but this is from someone with access and knowledge about the football department.

NIL seems especially tailored to a school with a cosmic level brand name like Michigan, which has fallen behind it’s pier programs in competitiveness. Now the nebulous cheating, much discussed on Michigan fan sites/shows but hardly ever quantified, is above a board. The black market is gone.

Instead, Michigan fumbled around while other programs preemptively went out to hire outside consulting, or even establish their own in-house mechanisms, to take advantage of this brave new world.

This led to Michigan athletes independently soliciting opportunities with no guidance or assistance from the athletics department. I also know of Michigan coaches who try to get some guidance and assistance from the University at the outset, and came back with nothing.

Finally, after a couple of days of this tomfoolery, a brand new member of the football program announced the school had signed with a premier NIL Branding firm to assist the athletes. However, the University never said anything official about it, and neither did athletic director Warde Manuel.

Speaking of Manuel, I am told that when one of his coaches asked for guidance and assistance, he rebuffed them “we have to hold off and make sure this is all above board” .. bureaucratic double-speak. Isn’t this an institution that prides itself on it’s progressive thinking?

An assistant AD Claimed Michigan wasn’t being more aggressive because it had to make sure it’s policies were aligned with a new Michigan state law. However, that law doesn’t even take affect until next year!

Thus, Michigan could’ve aggressively worked NIL carte blanche from the jump here, Especially as we are watching numerous recruits in the incoming football class take visit here and then committed elsewhere. And coming off of a 2-4 face plant, we need all the help with the recruiting pitch that we can get.

Michigan could’ve also gone right back to legislature and ask them to make him more lenient NIL law, In line with its competitors and in light of deals currently available to its players. But again, that would’ve actually required for site and the very progressive thinking the University claims as it’s brand.

Instead, Michigan didn’t help its athletes, didn’t guide it’s athletes, is already getting outmaneuvered by schools it is trying to be, and is providing negative recruiting content for our rivals to use against us.

This happened for the following two reasons.

Athletic director Warde Manuel is soft. That’s why Jim Harbaugh is still coaching here. That’s why Jim Harbaugh was permitted weeks upon weeks to look for an NFL job on our time and time last December. That’s why the fab five banners still aren’t back up, despite the fact we hired a basketball coach from that era. He didn’t do everything he could to keep John Beilein. Manuel’s one claim to fame is he got lucky as hell with Juwan Howard. We thought at the time that Howard only got the job because he was a former player. It turns out, we only got a coach that good because he played here. The rest of our list from that coaching search is either going into the season on the hot seat, or just had to change jobs. In short, Manuel’s leadership is lacking.

The other reason is more systemic. Michigan, on an institutional level, is drunk on its own self righteousness. That’s why it had scientists last year telling the Big Ten it wasn’t safe to play college football, but then couldn’t offer anything specific as to why. We’re just supposed to take their word for it. That’s why our university president, who took six years to even visit the football building, thought he was uniquely qualified to stop the Big Ten from playing football.

See, Michigan cheats, too. Just the opposite way. It cheated self, and its friends. No major college brand more holds their fans and media at arms length, or with more distrust and disdain. Michigan pride itself on not just being better but superior. It’s not enough for us to be other teams, we need to feel morally superior while doing so. Because it’s just so immoral to give a single mother a job or a car in exchange for borrowing her babies spinal cord and cranial cavity to make money off of for four years, since we don’t want to stoop so low as to break those precious NCAA rules. You know, the same NCAA that has broken every anti-trust rule in American history. That gilded cage.

But then, when that canard is done away with the players are treated as actual Americans, that same self righteousness does it work the other way. Doesn’t permit us to go ahead and do it legit now. Because, fellow Michigan fans, it wasn’t about any of that high reminded rhetoric. It was simply about sanctimony. It mattered more to feel superior than to achieve better.

And here’s where that’s gotten us, 15 years with no football titles, and now a decades long scandal courtesy of a dead pederast predator who’s left a trail of tears in his week. I love this team. It’s brought as much joy to my life as anything outside of my faith, family, and freedom. That’s why I’m speaking up. This crap Hass to end, or eight threatens to end us. I never bought a ‘sanctimony national championship’ sure at the mDen, and neither have you. Nor would they ever sell one. Yet this schools brass is drunk on it.

So I close with this bright idea. How about we take the words of our fight song more seriously than our self righteousness sanctimony, and see what happens?

:unimpressed:

@Ed MOTHEREFFING G
@Ed MOTHERfukkING G
@Trust Me
@hood b. goode
@HNIC973
@MF budz
@dh86
@wire28
@Absolut
@datnukkahd
@Maizeandbluekid
@Swiggy
@Knights89
@|r|e|a|d|
@Abogado
@eastside313
@Anyanwu
@Clayton Endicott
@#StarkSet
@the artist known az
@Regular_P
@FabTrey
@Amadioha
@Sherminator
@BarNone
@PapaShango616
@DropTopDoc

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
We gets 4 stars easy..There is no depending on 3 stars. There's too much talent close to Auburn that will come to Auburn. And if the coach can't get them, we get a new coach.

Well i meant that not literally, but the skipped over dudes in Mississippi, Bama, and Georgia

Here's a post that Michigan haters are gonna love.. and Michigan fans are gonna :mjcry: over. This either goes one of two ways.. with the times.. or goes to shyt altogether and Michigan becomes Northwestern. :francis: Kinda long so I'll spoiler it.. but this is from someone with access and knowledge about the football department.

NIL seems especially tailored to a school with a cosmic level brand name like Michigan, which has fallen behind it’s pier programs in competitiveness. Now the nebulous cheating, much discussed on Michigan fan sites/shows but hardly ever quantified, is above a board. The black market is gone.

Instead, Michigan fumbled around while other programs preemptively went out to hire outside consulting, or even establish their own in-house mechanisms, to take advantage of this brave new world.

This led to Michigan athletes independently soliciting opportunities with no guidance or assistance from the athletics department. I also know of Michigan coaches who try to get some guidance and assistance from the University at the outset, and came back with nothing.

Finally, after a couple of days of this tomfoolery, a brand new member of the football program announced the school had signed with a premier NIL Branding firm to assist the athletes. However, the University never said anything official about it, and neither did athletic director Warde Manuel.

Speaking of Manuel, I am told that when one of his coaches asked for guidance and assistance, he rebuffed them “we have to hold off and make sure this is all above board” .. bureaucratic double-speak. Isn’t this an institution that prides itself on it’s progressive thinking?

An assistant AD Claimed Michigan wasn’t being more aggressive because it had to make sure it’s policies were aligned with a new Michigan state law. However, that law doesn’t even take affect until next year!

Thus, Michigan could’ve aggressively worked NIL carte blanche from the jump here, Especially as we are watching numerous recruits in the incoming football class take visit here and then committed elsewhere. And coming off of a 2-4 face plant, we need all the help with the recruiting pitch that we can get.

Michigan could’ve also gone right back to legislature and ask them to make him more lenient NIL law, In line with its competitors and in light of deals currently available to its players. But again, that would’ve actually required for site and the very progressive thinking the University claims as it’s brand.

Instead, Michigan didn’t help its athletes, didn’t guide it’s athletes, is already getting outmaneuvered by schools it is trying to be, and is providing negative recruiting content for our rivals to use against us.

Athletic director Warde Manuel is soft. That’s why Jim Harbaugh is still coaching here. That’s why Jim Harbaugh was permitted weeks upon weeks to look for an NFL job on our time and time last December. That’s why the fab five banners still aren’t back up, despite the fact we hired a basketball coach from that era. He didn’t do everything he could to keep John Beilein. Manuel’s one claim to fame is he got lucky as hell with Juwan Howard. We thought at the time that Howard only got the job because he was a former player. It turns out, we only got a coach that good because he played here. The rest of our list from that coaching search is either going into the season on the hot seat, or just had to change jobs. In short, Manuel’s leadership is lacking.

The other reason is more systemic. Michigan, on an institutional level, is drunk on its own self righteousness. That’s why it had scientists last year telling the Big Ten it wasn’t safe to play college football, but then couldn’t offer anything specific as to why. We’re just supposed to take their word for it. That’s why our university president, who took six years to even visit the football building, thought he was uniquely qualified to stop the Big Ten from playing football.

See, Michigan cheats, too. Just the opposite way. It cheated self, and its friends. No major college brand more holds their fans and media at arms length, or with more distrust and disdain. Michigan pride itself on not just being better but superior. It’s not enough for us to be other teams, we need to feel morally superior while doing so. Because it’s just so immoral to give a single mother a job or a car in exchange for borrowing her babies spinal cord and cranial cavity to make money off of for four years, since we don’t want to stoop so low as to break those precious NCAA rules. You know, the same NCAA that has broken every anti-trust rule in American history. That gilded cage.

But then, when that canard is done away with the players are treated as actual Americans, that same self righteousness does it work the other way. Doesn’t permit us to go ahead and do it legit now. Because, fellow Michigan fans, it wasn’t about any of that high reminded rhetoric. It was simply about sanctimony. It mattered more to feel superior than to achieve better.

And here’s where that’s gotten us, 15 years with no football titles, and now a decades long scandal courtesy of a dead pederast predator who’s left a trail of tears in his week. I love this team. It’s brought as much joy to my life as anything outside of my faith, family, and freedom. That’s why I’m speaking up. This crap Hass to end, or eight threatens to end us. I never bought a ‘sanctimony national championship’ sure at the mDen, and neither have you. Nor would they ever sell one. Yet this schools brass is drunk on it.

So I close with this bright idea. How about we take the words of our fight song more seriously than our self righteousness sanctimony, and see what happens?

@Ed MOTHEREFFING G
@Ed MOTHERfukkING G
@Trust Me
@hood b. goode
@HNIC973
@MF budz
@dh86
@wire28
@Absolut
@datnukkahd
@Maizeandbluekid
@Swiggy
@Knights89
@|r|e|a|d|
@Abogado
@eastside313
@Anyanwu
@Clayton Endicott
@#StarkSet
@the artist known az
@Regular_P
@FabTrey
@Amadioha
@Sherminator
@BarNone
@PapaShango616
@DropTopDoc

Gonna give it a read

Ok read it, it has a point but, bottom line now what ??
Like i say all the time until Michigan is committed to football it’s a moot conversation because any coach will coach with a hand behind their back. Yes we need bagmen, yes we need to lax entrance requirements, yes we need to ease up on classes,( yes it’s noble that they actually earn their degree, but it’s still in general studies or some bs major, imagine busting your ass for a go no where major) harbs has lifted the level of recruits all while missing on those game changers that will go a long way in lifting us to a prominent tier in football. We’ve also wiffed big on qbs, we need more athletic ones (that will run) and that has accuracy deep, and hopefully the offense looks better this year finally

Last edited:

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps

@Ed MOTHEREFFING G
@Ed MOTHERfukkING G
@Trust Me
@hood b. goode
@HNIC973
@MF budz
@dh86
@wire28
@Absolut
@datnukkahd
@Maizeandbluekid
@Swiggy
@Knights89
@|r|e|a|d|
@Abogado
@eastside313
@Anyanwu
@Clayton Endicott
@#StarkSet
@the artist known az
@Regular_P
@FabTrey
@Amadioha
@Sherminator
@BarNone
@PapaShango616
@DropTopDoc

Well i meant that not literally, but the skipped over dudes in Mississippi, Bama, and Georgia

Gonna give it a read

Ok read it, it has a point but, bottom line now what ??
Like i say all the time until Michigan is committed to football it’s a moot conversation because any coach will coach with a hand behind their back. Yes we need bagmen, yes we need to lax entrance requirements, yes we need to ease up on classes,( yes it’s noble that they actually earn their degree, but it’s still in general studies or some bs major, imagine busting your ass for a go no where major) harbs has lifted the level of recruits all while missing on those game changers that will go a long way in lifting us to a prominent tier in football. We’ve also wiffed big on qbs, we need more athletic ones (that will run) and that has accuracy deep, and hopefully the offense looks better this year finally
Program is ass and 100 on yalls self righteous heads :jawalrus: