The OFFICIAL 2020 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
So teams like Navy and GT don't have plays in their playbook they can use if they are losing. They wont go five wide or whatever. that's kind of wild to me. how is your playbook going to solely be built around you being in a competitive matchup.
Navy is undersized as you can get. GT won’t be up and running until next season. Gotta get the PJ players out of there and get theirs to fit the new system

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Navy is undersized as you can get. GT won’t be up and running until next season. Gotta get the PJ players out of there and get theirs to fit the new system

I'm talking about play calling breh? You mean to tell me Navy don't have a 4 wide or 5 wide set. I'm not a coach but damn it would seem like that might need to be in the playbook.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I'm talking about play calling breh? You mean to tell me Navy don't have a 4 wide or 5 wide set. I'm not a coach but damn it would seem like that might need to be in the playbook.
no nikka....they aren't set up for that. The QB last yr may have been there best passer in years

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
So teams like Navy and GT don't have plays in their playbook they can use if they are losing. They wont go five wide or whatever. that's kind of wild to me. how is your playbook going to solely be built around you being in a competitive matchup.

if it was in their play book you think they wouldn’t, that is the flaw to the option, when you get down, it’s not easy to come back, they are built to get up early and grind, or slow the pace and grind it out playing on mistakes you make, and beating BYU is not as easy as lining up 4 or 5 wide :hhh:

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
if it was in their play book you think they wouldn’t, that is the flaw to the option, when you get down, it’s not easy to come back, they are built to get up early and grind, or slow the pace and grind it out playing on mistakes you make, and beating BYU is not as easy as lining up 4 or 5 wide :hhh:

If you run the triple option in CFB, to me that means that you’ve already conceded to the fact that you’re not trying to win a National Title in the new era of CFB. Georgia Tech did have success with it by winning a couple of Orange Bowls and a ACC Title the only way you’re gonna have major success with the option is by running a spread option.

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
China looking at a weak ass Navy
625.jpg

:dead:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
If you run the triple option in CFB, to me that means that you’ve already conceded to the fact that you’re not trying to win a National Title in the new era of CFB. Georgia Tech did have success with it by winning a couple of Orange Bowls and a ACC Title the only way you’re gonna have major success with the option is by running a spread option.

most schools run it to make themselves competitive because they won’t get a lot of high end talent, for gtech it made sense, competing with uga and fsu/Bama/ other acc school’s trying to get Georgia talent, then add their incredibly hard admission standards and curriculum. This was a means to working with what you can get

same thing for the service academy Roger Staubach ain’t walking through them doors again, so if you can get some semi decent throwers or former speed backs you can run that shyt

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Army beat the shyt out of Middle Tennessee :dead:

They looked like how I use to have them on NCAA 14 winning 5 national titles in a row