The OFFICIAL 2020 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

ClutchVon

Pro
Daps
When Johnny was there, A&M vs Ole Miss had back-to-back years of classic games that no one remembers lmao

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I tried to re-watch the 2017 SEC CG again, just to see how Stidham did in his hardest times here, but I literally couldnt get past half time :francis: Seeing Mel Tucker bait Gus to do something other than sideline screens, and him failing to do something else....I feel like this post is just as applicable now as it was 3 years ago :jbhmm:

slobbering mfers doing the best at being the worst once again :mjlit::wow:

Last edited:

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I tried to re-watch the 2017 SEC CG again, just to see how Stidham did in his hardest times here, but I literally couldnt get past half time :francis: Seeing Mel Tucker bait him to do something other than sideline screens, and him failing to do something else....I feel like this post is just as applicable now as it was 3 years ago :jbhmm:

Stidham regressed when he got to Auburn, he had his moments but he was just...ok, even in the '17 Iron Bowl, it was more Ryan Davis killing us on the tunnel screens more than anything.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Stidham regressed when he got to Auburn, he had his moments but he was just...ok, even in the '17 Iron Bowl, it was more Ryan Davis killing us on the tunnel screens more than anything.
I meant to blame Gus, not Stid, for the screens in that game, but Stid buried possessions with not feeling the pressure once UGA started blitzing every play. Its so hard to shyt on our QBs here bc Gus turns you into this one read dunce, but I think Jarrett should've at least had a better feel for pressure. He just rarely ever looked comfortable.

thankfully the Pats will have Stid and the evolved form of Stid in Bo come 2022, so we'll get a real conclusion to this debate

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I meant to blame Gus, not Stid, for the screens in that game, but Stid buried possessions with not feeling the pressure once UGA started blitzing every play. Its so hard to shyt on our QBs here bc Gus turns you into this one read dunce, but I think Jarrett should've at least had a better feel for pressure. He just rarely ever looked comfortable.

thankfully the Pats will have Stid and the evolved form of Stid in Bo come 2022, so we'll get a real conclusion to this debate

Yeah Gus definitely played a part in his regression, he was really good at Baylor but Gus' offense is run heavy with a basic pass game, it's why you hardly see his WRs or QBs succeed at the next level despite him being this "offensive guru".

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah Gus definitely played a part in his regression, he was really good at Baylor but Gus' offense is run heavy with a basic pass game, it's why you hardly see his WRs or QBs succeed at the next level despite him being this "offensive guru".
Anybody can look good playing against big 12 defenses. Stidham probably just wasn’t as good as advertised