The OFFICIAL 2020 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, But had he a good-great season he would have been no later than a 3rd round pick if not higher. Nothing even says that its a guarantee that Fields comes out, Im not sure how NFL scouts even look at him yet.

Justin Fields will be the 2nd pick in the draft next year after Trevor Lawrence. He's got good size, a great arm, great athleticism, and has been almost flawless in terms of production and wins at Ohio State.

Not saying he'll be a stud in the NFL. But if Dwayne Haskins weak arm, slow feet, and sloppy body can get drafted in the middle of the 1st round then I'm sure Justin Fields will end up going much higher.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Yeah, But had he had a good-great season he would have been no later than a 3rd round pick if not higher. Nothing even says that its a guarantee that Fields comes out, Im not sure how NFL scouts even look at him yet.
He’s a top 10 pick and potential number one overall pick. He’s gone after he wins the Heisman and national championship.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Yahoo is now a part of Verizon Media

Here’s what we found:
  • The 10 programs that developed the most three-star (or lower) recruits into Round 1-3 picks in the last 10 years are Ohio State (14), Wisconsin (13), Boise State (12), LSU (12), Stanford (12), Louisville (11), Washington (11), Mississippi State (10), TCU (10) and Utah (10).
  • Many of the programs that end up atop recruiting rankings are still finding high-upside three-star recruits as well, and no program is doing that better than Ohio State.

• OSU has had 43 players go in the top three rounds of the draft over the last 10 years, and 14 of them were rated at three stars or below — more than any other program. Six of those players went in the first round.
  • LSU isn’t far behind. Of the 45 Tigers picked in the top three rounds since 2011, 12 were ranked at three stars or below. That figure includes three 2020 first-rounders: Joe Burrow, Justin Jefferson and Clyde Edwards-Helaire.

• By comparison, Alabama has had 54 players drafted in those rounds, with just six rated at three stars or below. Notre Dame (3/24), USC (2/23), Georgia (3/22) and Oklahoma (4/21) all had a similarly low percentage. That, of course, is also a reflection of how well those programs recruit.

• It could be argued that no program is doing more with less talent than Wisconsin. In the Rivals.com era (dating back to 2002), Wisconsin’s average team recruiting rank is 41.7. Yet the Badgers are routinely developing top NFL draft choices. Over the last 10 years, 18 Badgers have gone in the top three rounds. Thirteen of those players were ranked at three stars or lower and six went in the first round.

• Not only did Boise State have the highest number of draftees among Group of Five programs, it tied Stanford and LSU for third-most three-star-to-NFL stories in all of FBS. The Broncos have had nine three-stars, two two-stars and one unranked player go in the first three rounds. The unranked player was walk-on linebacker Leighton Vander Esch, a first-round selection of the Dallas Cowboys in 2018.

• The Pac-12 was well-represented in this study with Stanford, Washington and Utah all producing NFL players at a high rate. Of that group, Utah had the highest hit rate on three-star talent, with 10 of its 13 top picks earning three-star rankings in high school. For Stanford, it was 12 of 20 while 11 of Washington’s 19 picks were three-star or lower.

• Louisville leads the way out of the ACC with 11 of its 14 high-round picks ranking as three-star recruits. That includes five first-rounders.

• TCU has also developed its talent well with 10 of its 11 Round 1-3 picks coming in as three- or two-star recruits. Four of those 10 ended up as first-rounders in the NFL.

• Temple has also identified some real diamonds in the rough and got them to the NFL. Of the program’s seven top-three round picks, only one (Matt Hennessy) was a three-star recruit. The others were either rated two stars or were walk-ons who were unranked. Also of note in the AAC, Connecticut has produced a surprisingly high amount of top draft choices (seven) relative to the program’s lack of on-field success. Temple and UConn were matched at seven by UCF, a program with a much more fertile recruiting base.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
As of now, i think UF will have 9 players drafted next year:

Kyle Trask - QB
Kyle Pitts - TE
Trevon Grimes - WR
Kadarrius Toney - WR
Zach Carter (if he leaves) - DE
Tradell Slaton - DT
Marco Wilson- CB
Shawn davis - S
Brad Stewart- S

Here’s who I think gets drafted next year from my squad

Najee Harris - RB
Devonta Smith - WR
Jaylen Waddle - WR
Landon dikkerson - OL
Alex Leatherwood - OL
Deonte Brown - OL
Phidarian Mathis - DL
LaBryan Ray - DL
Dylan Moses - LB
Patrick Surtain - DB
Josh Jobe - DB

Question really is how Mac performs next year, if he does well with Sark, I could see somebody picking him up

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Here’s who I think gets drafted next year from my squad

Najee Harris - RB
Devonta Smith - WR
Jaylen Waddle - WR
Landon dikkerson - OL
Alex Leatherwood - OL
Deonte Brown - OL
Phidarian Mathis - DL
LaBryan Ray - DL
Dylan Moses - LB
Patrick Surtain - DB
Josh Jobe - DB

Question really is how Mac performs next year, if he does well with Sark, I could see somebody picking him up

The highlighted need to show a lot of improvement if they wanna get drafted.
Ray was good when he played but that injury meant he doesnt have a lot of film. Same with Mathis.
Jobe was an aytomatuc PI when he was tested. I dont see him getting picked either. Dude was trash.

Moses, PS2, Waddle and Smith could all be 1st rounders.
The lineman I can see as day 2 picks.
Najee could be 2nd rb off the board

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
The highlighted need to show a lot of improvement if they wanna get drafted.
Ray was good when he played but that injury meant he doesnt have a lot of film. Same with Mathis.
Jobe was an aytomatuc PI when he was tested. I dont see him getting picked either. Dude was trash.

Moses, PS2, Waddle and Smith could all be 1st rounders.
The lineman I can see as day 2 picks.
Najee could be 2nd rb off the board

I’m just projecting, I think Jobe will improve enough, the talent is there, probably a day 3 guy though if anything. Leatherwood, Surtain, Moses, Waddle, and Smitty are all first rounders imo. When it comes to Najee, it all depends on needs, as we saw with this last draft, guys like Swift and Taylor who would’ve been Top 15 picks 4-5 years ago were 2nd rounders.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
As of now, i think UF will have 9 players drafted next year:

Kyle Trask - QB
Kyle Pitts - TE
Trevon Grimes - WR
Kadarrius Toney - WR
Zach Carter (if he leaves) - DE
Tradell Slaton - DT
Marco Wilson- CB
Shawn davis - S
Brad Stewart- S
Trask seems like your Danny Etling, Tyler Wilson type, he'll get a job with someone around the 4th-5th round