The OFFICIAL 2020 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I didn't like our WR hire. Needed a rainmaker not an in house hire.

@satam55 @macpat @lightskin jermaine @jay211

The problem with the hire was that it could have been made months prior. Coleman was already part of the staff, and we likely wouldn't have lost QJ to fukking TCU. With Quay being flakey, and having off the field issues WR recruiting appears to be a shyt show.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
College Gameday Today :blessed:

I hope its not no split screens from home :mjcry:

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
All we need is 4 people :aicmon:

You act like im talking about going to one of Zeke's 30 man gangbangs :hhh:
4 people huh, no cameran, producer, director, tele prompt guy, cleaning crew, security, just 4 people huh? Ok Gov Kemp :scust:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
We're pretty deep at WR so I'm not too worried. It looked like Herman tried and looked for an outside coach but couldn't get anyone to take the job on essentially a one year deal

The problem with the hire was that it could have been made months prior. Coleman was already part of the staff, and we likely wouldn't have lost QJ to fukking TCU. With Quay being flakey, and having off the field issues WR recruiting appears to be a shyt show.
Nothing special about our WRs breh. None of them are dynamic after the catch like LSU/Bama's wrs. JoJo is that dude. Apparently Malcolm Kelly swooned QJ to TCU. IDK too much about Coleman, I know the current players like him but I take that with a grain of salt since he was probably playing good cop to Coach Meh. Just wish we went out and got a younger, hungrier coach for that role.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Nothing special about our WRs breh. None of them are dynamic after the catch like LSU/Bama's wrs. JoJo is that dude. Apparently Malcolm Kelly swooned QJ to TCU. IDK too much about Coleman, I know the current players like him but I take that with a grain of salt since he was probably playing good cop to Coach Meh. Just wish we went out and got a younger, hungrier coach for that role.

We have a good to great receiving core. Brennan Eagles is a more athletic CJ but he will likely be held back by the same thing CJ was which is Sam's inaccuracy on the deep ball. Whittington and Jake should fill in nicely for Duvernay and Moore should be back to take the other outside spot. I really think Marcus Washington is a Michael Thomas starter kit and will be a good one. Kennedy Lewis also has shown promise if he can get back on the team. But yes we do need an influx of young talent at the position.

On another note I hope Yurcich goes more 10 personnel. Herman's insistence on running 11 personnel to create mismatches at the TE position doesn't really work when you don't have a TE the defense is going to respect. And we don't have that yet, which is that causes the offense to crater at times.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
We have a good to great receiving core. Brennan Eagles is a more athletic CJ but he will likely be held back by the same thing CJ was which is Sam's inaccuracy on the deep ball. Whittington and Jake should fill in nicely for Duvernay and Moore should be back to take the other outside spot. I really think Marcus Washington is a Michael Thomas starter kit and will be a good one. Kennedy Lewis also has shown promise if he can get back on the team. But yes we do need an influx of young talent at the position.

On another note I hope Yurcich goes more 10 personnel. Herman's insistence on running 11 personnel to create mismatches at the TE position doesn't really work when you don't have a TE the defense is going to respect. And we don't have that yet, which is that causes the offense to crater at times.
On the Orangebloods/Herman chat last week, he said he Jared Wiley is a NFL player. He has a NFL frame, I hope he takes the next step. I'm not expecting much from Epps there.