The OFFICIAL 2019 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Francium

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My misguided Ugly brother, it needs to be official first. Take all of this as gossip and fake news. Both will end up at Oregon because no one wants USC.

I see you ended up with Yankoff as a transfer. That’s actually not a bad pickup for Chip.
You sent this yesterday, but even then, it was pretty much confirmed on the boards he's enrolling at SoCal and he will announce today or tomorrow. Steele that is. Bru's pretty much a lock too. He hasn't spoken to any other school about visiting since and it was always SoCal or Texas. SoCal made room and got both.

Yankoff a solid pick up. If he gains eligibility, I'm hoping he pushes DTR to lock down that spot. I also thinks it means we may stop recruiting Bryce. Whatever coach is getting all of this talent in 2020 is going to eat.

Chip needs to win and win now :damn:

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
I was on Wikipedia and if you sort the Heisman winners by highest percentage of points possible (essentially highest Vote Percentage), the most clear cut Heisman winner ever was Troy Smith in 2006 (91.63%)

Reggie Bush's 91.77% in 2005 was vacated.

That would be a nice trivia question.

Of course...that isnt to say Smith was the best college football player ever or anything like that. And voters..well...we can complain about that all day. But it is interesting.

Smith was ON FIRE that year and nobody else really did anything of note looking back on it.

2006 Heisman Trophy Voting | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You sent this yesterday, but even then, it was pretty much confirmed on the boards he's enrolling at SoCal and he will announce today or tomorrow. Steele that is. Bru's pretty much a lock too. He hasn't spoken to any other school about visiting since and it was always SoCal or Texas. SoCal made room and got both.

Yankoff a solid pick up. If he gains eligibility, I'm hoping he pushes DTR to lock down that spot. I also thinks it means we may stop recruiting Bryce. Whatever coach is getting all of this talent in 2020 is going to eat.

Chip needs to win and win now :damn:
UCLA fans getting worried :lupe:

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Lol
Michigan isn’t an elite academic school like those. UM can still get any 5 or 4 star they want.

At GA Tech you’re kind of limited to who you can get, because every student at the school has to take calculus & the majority of the majors at the school are engineering, math, computer or science based majors.

Most athletes major in business at GT, but it’s still a rigorous program. We can’t get the barely passing all star jock who can’t read or do math cause they won’t even get admitted to Tech let alone pass the classes

Wait, what?

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/top-public

2019 Top Public Universities in America

Best public universities in the United States 2019

I mean.. I can keep going. :wtf:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Bruh Michigan has a lot of bullshyt jock majors

That isn’t the case at Tech.

When has anyone ever said academics is keeping UM from signing kids? :dahell:

It’s a very good school but it isn’t keeping some athletes away

Dawg...

EVERY..

DAMN..

YEAR..

theres always the 4-5 kids that UM wants, but they can't get them in. And EVERY school has bullshyt majors.

And don't you think those websites that I just listed takes those 'bullshyt majors' into account?

No offense my dude.. you're soundin hella ignorant right now.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
@staticshock

Also.. no ones shyttin on GA Tech. Its a damn good school. They're on all of those lists also. Whether they're better than UM is debatable.. but in your first post, you said Michigan isn't elite academically like those other schools. Except they are.. and in most cases, even more so.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I was on Wikipedia and if you sort the Heisman winners by highest percentage of points possible (essentially highest Vote Percentage), the most clear cut Heisman winner ever was Troy Smith in 2006 (91.63%)

Reggie Bush's 91.77% in 2005 was vacated.

That would be a nice trivia question.

Of course...that isnt to say Smith was the best college football player ever or anything like that. And voters..well...we can complain about that all day. But it is interesting.
To be fair, that was a shyt year for candidates. The best pro/HoF of that T10 group that received votes was Megatron and he was 10th. Actually should have been the year McFadden won. Got robbed maybe twice. Had better stats the 2nd year he finished second but the Tebow ass kissing was about the cusp of being full blown annoying

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Bruh Michigan has a lot of bullshyt jock majors

That isn’t the case at Tech.

When has anyone ever said academics is keeping UM from signing kids? :dahell:

It’s a very good school but it isn’t keeping some athletes away

I get it, it’s not easy to get kids into tech, and it’s just as hard for them to maintain eligibility, but first and foremost not every kid that put on that uniform was an academic genius or had a 3.5 or higher, when applying, exceptions were made and some kids were slid along, so let’s cut the bullshyt.

Michigan has had kids leave because they could not maintain gpa at the school and play, and there are legit kids we could not get due to not meeting the criteria, now I’m sure we have made exceptions like all programs, but let’s not make it seem like this is some community college letting everyone in with a pulse

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
To be fair, that was a shyt year for candidates. The best pro/HoF of that T10 group that received votes was Megatron and he was 10th. Actually should have been the year McFadden won. Got robbed maybe twice. Had better stats the 2nd year he finished second but the Tebow ass kissing was about the cusp of being full blown annoying

And lettuce not forget the year Fitzgerald got robbed by white (literally and figuratively)