The OFFICIAL 2018 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
One thing I hate about just about every fan base.... We have this kid coming in as a recruit for Auburn...white QB....A lot of the fanbase (white) already want him to be the starter before he even gets on campus and learns the playbook. We have 2 Qbs already here (black) that will have time in the system.

People are trying to tell them, temper your expectation about the kid. They don't want to hear it. He's going to be the starter no matter what according to them. They'll attack the QBs already here to make a point.

I'm hoping Gus has more sense than that and doesn't listen to these folks. You can lose a whole team if they see favortism.
Who you talking about? Nix?

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You already know
TBH I don't even know if it's completely a race thing. CFB fan bases are always :noah: about the future. They'll have a really good current team in the present but they'd still be talking about some random prospect in the class of 2025 or some shyt. Like yesterday people were already talking about that QB from Hoover taking over in college and he's like a HS sophomore or something :dahell:

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Isn't that turf?

Naa it’s grass. It’s just an overall shytty looking stadium that they refuse to upgrade.

I’m sure you can still see some dead gators all over, from a rush of Wolverines from a year and a half ago. They haven’t managed to clean it up. :scheme:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Naa it’s grass. It’s just an overall shytty looking stadium that they refuse to upgrade.

I’m sure you can still see some dead gators all over, from a rush of Wolverines from a year and a half ago. They haven’t managed to clean it up. :scheme:
I checked, its been turf since 2010

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
TBH I don't even know if it's completely a race thing. CFB fan bases are always :noah: about the future. They'll have a really good current team in the present but they'd still be talking about some random prospect in the class of 2025 or some shyt. Like yesterday people were already talking about that QB from Hoover taking over in college and he's like a HS sophomore or something :dahell:
Hoover QB is 15 but he's a junior. And he looked much better than Bo that's why people were talking about him. The junior QB class>>>>this senior group . Y'all might get Ashford too but he's about to start getting recruited hard by everyone

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville

I actually believe he has as much of a chance as Nix. That dude was throwing dimes. But I wouldn't go as far as say he's going to start immediately when he gets into college. Too many factors.

That's all we'll hear though from this point until the start of next season is the fans talking about Bo Nix being the starter. It's more than the future in this situation. Some have already ruled out the QBs on the roster because they don't think they are "intelligent" enough about the offense or don't have the skill. I say, how do you know that if we haven't seen them play a full game? That's the thing I see. Code words from times past.

It's more about the fairness of it all and opportunities being given to everybody to me. I don't want this to go down a road it shouldn't in 2019. I don't see Gus giving into that though at this point. If it shakes out that Nix is the starter, then it'll probably be that he played better than Willis, Gatewood, and Sandberg. But I also know he has things to work on as far as getting ready for the college game, which a lot of people want to overlook.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nikka Hannity or Tucker ain’t breaking down the teams :martin:
QwKyB2O.png

Hoover QB is 15 but he's a junior. And he looked much better than Bo that's why people were talking about him. The junior QB class>>>>this senior group . Y'all might get Ashford too but he's about to start getting recruited hard by everyone
That's 2 years from now. Not really worried about that now. If he comes to us down the line then that's cool but my minds not on a 15 year old dude :Frame:

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I actually believe he has as much of a chance as Nix. That dude was throwing dimes. But I wouldn't go as far as say he's going to start immediately when he gets into college. Too many factors.

That's all we'll hear though from this point until the start of next season is the fans talking about Bo Nix being the starter. It's more than the future in this situation. Some have already ruled out the QBs on the roster because they don't think they are "intelligent" enough about the offense or don't have the skill. I say, how do you know that if we haven't seen them play a full game? That's the thing I see. Code words from times past.

It's more about the fairness of it all and opportunities being given to everybody to me. I don't want this to go down a road it shouldn't in 2019. I don't see Gus giving into that though at this point. If it shakes out that Nix is the starter, then it'll probably be that he played better than Willis, Gatewood, and Sandberg. But I also know he has things to work on as far as getting ready for the college game, which a lot of people want to overlook.
Yeah Gus won't play somebody just based off hype. If that was the case then Gatewood would be splitting snaps with Stidham but in reality Gatewood is like 3rd or 4th string