The OFFICIAL 2018 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
:mjlol: scUM loading up on all them 3*s early is an accomplishment? Look at the average croot ranking. OSU will pass them with several 4*s by the end of the week anyway. scUM will be happy to finish in the top 15.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
New Nebraska will past them :yeshrug:

:hhh:

Yea ok.

:mjlol: scUM loading up on all them 3*s early is an accomplishment? Look at the average croot ranking. OSU will pass them with several 4*s by the end of the week anyway. scUM will be happy to finish in the top 15.

I'll be 100% real with you right now. Our recruiting infuriates me sometimes. I feel like we don't go after the Big Dogs nearly as much as we should/could. Our staff recruits for guys that can fit the system. Sometimes they're highly rated guys. Other times, they're 3 stars that get offered (or commit) before their senior seasons, and they ball out, and get a bump. Our staff can identify talent. Thats for sure. And we can develop it too.

Most of these 3 stars that we just got will end up being 4 stars. Just watch.

And it wasn't all 3 stars either. We got a couple of 4 stars this weekend also.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'll be 100% real with you right now. Our recruiting infuriates me sometimes. I feel like we don't go after the Big Dogs nearly as much as we should/could. Our staff recruits for guys that can fit the system. Sometimes they're highly rated guys. Other times, they're 3 stars that get offered (or commit) before their senior seasons, and they ball out, and get a bump. Our staff can identify talent. Thats for sure. And we can develop it too.

Most of these 3 stars that we just got will end up being 4 stars. Just watch.

And it wasn't all 3 stars either. We got a couple of 4 stars this weekend also.
What are the main states y'all recruit? Just the Midwest?

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not at all. They've been tryna shyt on Harbaugh for neglecting the midwest since he got to A2. He recruits nationwide. Cali. Florida. Georgia. New Jersey. Texas.
Oh yeah I forgot y'all are in jersey big time. Y'all even snatched the top receiver in the state of Alabama like 2 years ago :Ehhletsseewherethisgoes:

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Oh yeah I forgot y'all are in jersey big time. Y'all even snatched the top receiver in the state of Alabama like 2 years ago :Ehhletsseewherethisgoes:

Yea Nico Collins. When we go 4 wide with Shea this year behind center .. :mjlit:

5* DPJ 6'2 200
4* Tarik Black 6'4 200
4* Nico Collins 6'5 195
4* Oliver Martin 6'2 200

:banderas:

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
When Harbaugh lies and says he's going to throw more but just keeps running the ball and Nico wants to transfer back home :mjlit:
Every class has busts. But when you load up with higher level talent, that bust is replaced by another 4/5*. And I really hope people don't start bringing up a random 2/3* that made it to the league. There are about 32 5*s in every cycle, vs like 900 3*s, so yeah some 3*s will be all americans/all conference and get drafted and drafted high. But, a 5* talent is much more likely to pan out than a 3*. Go all the way back from 1991 to 2018, every national champion except for Auburn had top tier crooting talent across the board, and it took a generational QB like Cam to buck the trend.