The Official 2016 Olympics thread: Medals Are For the Elite but Zika is For Everybody

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yeah i know but without gatlin, only Merritt and degrease can go under 19.8

Bolt was going to go hard for the 200 final regardless he always does that whether Olympic or World championships plus he slowed down which is why Degrasse caught up. :ufdup:Boltman gwan teach deh yout dem:ufdup:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Most Olympic women aren't trying to settle down and have kids until they are done with sports like in their mid 30s. Of the 290 females on the US Olympic team only like 4 have kids.
That's seems low, especially if I count the stories I know off top. And settling down /= having kids. A lot of them are in relationships or married, kids may happen later, but that doesn't affect men so it's not an issue.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
What time the track and field events jump off tonight? Im headed to Tampa and wont make it there until about 7pmish

Women's 4*100 relay heats 1020am
Mens 1040am

Mens 400m hurdles final - 1100am

Mens shot put final 730pm

Mens decathlon final 845pm

Women's 400m hurdles -915pm

Mens 200m final 930pm

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
That's seems low, especially if I count the stories I know off top. And settling down /= having kids. A lot of them are in relationships or married, kids may happen later, but that doesn't affect men so it's not an issue.

They sad it during the 110 meter hurdles final because one of the women for the US had her kid there.

Also the point i was making is that if you are an NBA player and you are looking to find a wife to have kids and take care of business at home you would not want an Olympic athlete because the overwhelming majority of them are not looking to have a kid during their prime. They would also be out training and competing in events instead of being home to raise a family. So instead of having a young wife to start a family in her mid 20s you are getting a woman in her early to mid 30s.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
They sad it during the 110 meter hurdles final because one of the women for the US had her kid there.

Also the point i was making is that if you are an NBA player and you are looking to find a wife to have kids and take care of business at home you would not want an Olympic athlete because the overwhelming majority of them are not looking to have a kid during their prime. They would also be out training and competing in events instead of being home to raise a family. So instead of having a young wife to start a family in her mid 20s you are getting a woman in her early to mid 30s.
As I said, that doesn't affect men, especially the dudes who are just starting to think about marriage at 27-32, I don't think they care abt having a chick that's having babies at 27-32....I could see if we're talking the few cats who are getting married young, but most them cats are on the fewer responsibilities the better steeze