The Official 2016 Olympics thread: Medals Are For the Elite but Zika is For Everybody

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The matches literally just started today.

It is a dumb hated sport. They took a survey and it sucks. It sucks, but nearly as bad as the stupid horse events; or the trampoline and rhythmic gymnastics. And that sychronized men diving is creepy as fukk.

What Are The Worst Olympic Sports?

Btw, the most liked sport is the 100 meter race and the relays.

Last edited:

ClutchVon

Pro
Daps
It is a dumb hated sport. They took a survey and it sucks. It sucks, but nearly as bad as the stupid horse events; or the trampoline and rhythmic gymnastics. And that sychronized men diving is creepy as fukk.

Btw, the most like sport is the 100 meter race and the relays.
No, I'm talking about when you said there was no wrestling in this year's Olympics.

The matches literally just started earlier today.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No, I'm talking about when you said there was no wrestling in this year's Olympics.

The matches literally just started earlier today.

Are you sure that is wrestling? Because I read that it was dropped from this Olympiad.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I just noticed that there was not wrestling in this year's Olympic games. This author from this articles of 3 years ago insists that there are at least 10 other sports that should have been dropped from the Olympics instead of wrestling. And just like me he thinks that handball is a bullshyt Olympic sport that should be dropped.

The IOC Is Stupid, And So Is HandBall: 10 Olympic Sports to Drop Instead of Wrestling - Cagepotato
This is spot on and I'm 100% with you on being anti-handball. I truly can't believe enough countries indulge in that bullshyt to warrant it being an Olympic event :why:

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me
No it isn't:mjlol:

So you mean to tell me that an athlete gets slower as he gets older?:jbhmm:

:mjlol:

O.K. you might just be writing stuff to write stuff now. People can remember the 100 meter champion going all the way back to the 1936 Olympics with Jesse Owens. That is 80 years ago. There is not a bigger draw at the Olympics than the 100 meter dash and the 4x100 relay. Names like Carl Lewis, Ben Johnson, Bob Hayes, Usain Bolt; are names that people know all around the World, even though those people are not even casual followers of track. People understand fast. That is universal and unbelievable.

Hell the women champion of the 100 meter are more well know than 400 meter men's champ. People still remember Wilma Rudolph and FloJo and both of them have been dead for almost 20 years.

:mjlol:

@DonKnock been getting sonned for over 20 pages now :mjlol:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

Btw, the most liked sport is the 100 meter race and the relays.
The 100m surprises me because really, there is so much of the world who have never and will never compete - it's (for the foreseeable future) a black competition - the nation may change, but the skin wont :laugh:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

There is relatively little prize money in track and field. The biennial World Championships pay $60,000 per gold medal (he’s won 11 golds including relays in his career), while winning a Diamond League race is worth $10,000. But Bolt’s outsized personality and lightning speed make him a star attraction at track events around the globe. He typically runs up to eight events annually with appearance fees that can reach $400,000 per meet. It’s money well spent.
:huhldup:

Damn shame. Pretty much gotta juggle a 2nd (or actual) job and train when you can, unless you're a top top talent with sponsorships

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
Hold up! Did see really say that? :russ:

Texas Longhorns brehs speak on it. :sas1:

I wonder was Vince Young getting his Peyton Manning on with Sanya Richards Ross while they was chillin in the Texas training room. :sas2:

Texas football players was probably running a train like

vince-young-at-the-club.jpg

Yup :lolbron:

It was before the 400 m final . I didn't know she was on the broadcast team until they let her talk exclusively about sharing an ice bath with Merritt years ago that he had it in him to do extrodinary things :shaq:

Like she told the other announcers ahead the event she wanted to say that :jawalrus:

Last edited:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yup :lolbron:

It was before the 400 m final . I didn't know she was on the broadcast team until they let her talk exclusively about sharing an ice bath with Merritt years ago was he had it in him to do extrodinary things :shaq:

Like she told the other announcers ahead the event she wanted to say that :jawalrus:

:russ: