The Official 2016 Olympics thread: Medals Are For the Elite but Zika is For Everybody

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He is saying that gymnastics and swimming are 2 of the major 3-4 sports that NBC will make sure they air in prime time. First, they cant force the IOC to broadcast everything live just for the US time zones. Gymnastics are much easier to air on tape with so many dead air breaks in between routines. Swimming (like track) needs to be live.

NBC cant air both of them live at the same time, fam. Someone has to be taped, and they are trying to cater to a bigger audience then people who have cable (hence the app that you dont want to get)

Also, the swimming are for medals tonight, while the gymnastics is just qualification.

Thank you for the info but check your tone

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I've always said Murray is the luckiest player to ever play tennis, overrated shytty bum :francis:

They're finally out, match was :whoo: though. Especially the tie-break.

Murray will probably win the singles if Novak goes out to Delpo.

charknicks

All Star
Daps
thats my point both should be live, but them on different nights or something, because I watch the olympics primarily for swimming, track and gymnastics

I feel you bro. Its the 3 major sports. Problem is the gymnastics are spread over 6 nights (9 if you are into the mens, thats all you), track and field is over 10 days, and swimming is over 8 days. All of that cant be live in the primetime window. Too many events in all 3 sports.

Gymnastics Tuesday and Thursday will be taped then too, just a heads up. The events are at 3pm live each day. Better get that app!