The Official 2016 Olympics thread: Medals Are For the Elite but Zika is For Everybody

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
So this would be Aly and Gabby's last one? I don't follow all this stuff but i do remember those two from 4 years ago given the popularity that entire team had. I knew it was Gabby's breakout olympics but last olympics was Aly's first one too?
Women have a short period in which their bodies "work" for gymnastics, it's actually sad because they train all those years as teens and can only compete in the Olympics at 16. You're usually washed by 22-23 which is why most only get two appearances, 3 at best if you were 16 for your first one.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yup in the past 50 years Dominique Dawes is the only us gymnast Olympian who has completed in more than two Olympics.

Its just too difficult by the time your like 20 there's a 16 year old better than u

So this would be Aly and Gabby's last one? I don't follow all this stuff but i do remember those two from 4 years ago given the popularity that entire team had. I knew it was Gabby's breakout olympics but last olympics was Aly's first one too?

Kokoro

Passion
Supporter
Daps
Damn, this Women's rugby is fast and aggressive :ohhh:

I like this...