The Official 2016 Olympics thread: Medals Are For the Elite but Zika is For Everybody

Spyro

Banned
Daps
Gymnastic stans, what is the average age for a gymnast so perform at a high level? Like swimming/athetlics you can still win gold's in your early 30's, but what about this? Say Biles wins 4-5 gold's, how many more Olympics could she possibly do that? :jbhmm:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Gymnastic stans, what is the average age for a gymnast so perform at a high level? Like swimming/athetlics you can still win gold's in your early 30's, but what about this? Say Biles wins 4-5 gold's, how many more Olympics could she possibly do that? :jbhmm:
I think around early 20s is usually the high threshold. Most seem to retire or drop off by 20-25. So she can probably have 2 more showings at most I think.

Gabby is 20 I think and to be honest, she was kind of :trash: at the trials. She probably shouldn't be here to be honest. :francis:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
For countries like America, China and Russia 1-2 Olympics max. For many other countries you can keep going because there pool is so small

Biles prob has just Tokyo after this