The OFFICIAL 2016 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Not exactly.......a lot of schools are located in small college towns (under and up to around 100,000 population wise). Not all, but anybody that's been to Austin knows the difference between Austin and some random college town in America. Austin is a fast growing city, with a lot more to do than most college towns excluding schools in mid to major cities like Vanderbilt (Nashville), LSU (Baton Rouge), Georgia (close to Atlanta), USC & UCLA (LA), etc.....

but my point is people expect Texas to be where Alabama is every year the past decade, when history tells you that that's not the case. Texas hasn't been a consistent contender ever that I can remember. And I can see why after visiting Austin a few times.

plus the competition they play doesn't breed championship caliber play.
Its all in the coaching. If they had Saban, Harbaugh, Meyer, or someone of their ilk they would be:yeshrug:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I don't believe it....different environment. Also, Harbaugh hasn't proved anything yet. Beat Ohio State, win a playoff game then he can talk about what he's done.
Built Stanford into a power

Turned the 49ers into an elite team his tenure there(look at them before & after)

Same a tMichigan

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't believe it....different environment. Also, Harbaugh hasn't proved anything yet. Beat Ohio State, win a playoff game then he can talk about what he's done.

It's his 2nd year he's 20-3 overall and he's already got Michigan playing Osu for a playoff spot I'd say he's been pretty decent so far :pachaha:

He was also a hell of a NFL coach. I think he's a proven commodity

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Built Stanford into a power

Turned the 49ers into an elite team his tenure there(look at them before & after)

Same a tMichigan

Let him do the job at Michigan before we crown him......Good start, just hasn't won anything significant yet. Lost to Iowa recently :francis:....

Let's chill and see what he doesn tomorrow, and the rest of the season.:patrice:

Many coaches have had a good start.