The OFFICIAL 2016 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
I don't know if people are being realistic about the situation. Texas is located in Austin, Tx......There is a lot to distract a football player on scholarship in that city, not to mention that they're in school too. The women:ohlawd: the activities:banderas:....I just don't see a coach going in there and being able to be what the people in Texas want them to be. Too many distractions for the kids.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I don't know if people are being realistic about the situation. Texas is located in Austin, Tx......There is a lot to distract a football player on scholarship in that city, not to mention that they're in school too. The women:ohlawd: the activities:banderas:....I just don't see a coach going in there and being able to be what the people in Texas want them to be. Too many distractions for the kids.
You can say that about every campus in america

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
You can say that about every campus in america

Not exactly.......a lot of schools are located in small college towns (under and up to around 100,000 population wise). Not all, but anybody that's been to Austin knows the difference between Austin and some random college town in America. Austin is a fast growing city, with a lot more to do than most college towns excluding schools in mid to major cities like Vanderbilt (Nashville), LSU (Baton Rouge), Georgia (close to Atlanta), USC & UCLA (LA), etc.....

but my point is people expect Texas to be where Alabama is every year the past decade, when history tells you that that's not the case. Texas hasn't been a consistent contender ever that I can remember. And I can see why after visiting Austin a few times.

plus the competition they play doesn't breed championship caliber play.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not exactly.......a lot of schools are located in small college towns (under and up to around 100,000 population wise). Not all, but anybody that's been to Austin knows the difference between Austin and some random college town in America. Austin is a fast growing city, with a lot more to do than most college towns excluding schools in mid to major cities like Vanderbilt (Nashville), LSU (Baton Rouge), Georgia (close to Atlanta), USC & UCLA (LA), etc.....

but my point is people expect Texas to be where Alabama is every year the past decade, when history tells you that that's not the case. Texas hasn't been a consistent contender ever that I can remember.

I agree they can't expect to be Bama but finishing under 500 3 years in a row shouldn't be acceptable their either

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
I agree they can't expect to be Bama but finishing under 500 3 years in a row shouldn't be acceptable their either

I didn't say they should keep Charlie. I'm just saying expecting more than 9-3 to 10-2 from any coach that comes in is pushing it. They really wanted Saban a while back, but that wasn't going to happen, and didn't. That's the only coach that can do what they have in mind. Saban isn't perfect, but he's the closest any coach ever got to it in this era. Every coach is going to have disappointing losses that get a fanbase mad.....

That's not the only thing though. I don't think Saban could go in and do what he's done at Bama. Texas is a different environment from Bama. They also don't play the competition to keep them as sharp as they need to be come playoff time.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't say they should keep Charlie. I'm just saying expecting more than 9-3 to 10-2 from any coach that comes in is pushing it. They really wanted Saban a while back, but that wasn't going to happen, and didn't. That's the only coach that can do what they have in mind. Saban isn't perfect, but he's the closest any coach ever got to it in this era. Every coach is going to have disappointing losses that get a fanbase mad.....

That's not the only thing though. I don't think Saban could go in and do what he's done at Bama. Texas is a different environment from Bama. They also don't play the competition to keep them as sharp as they need to be come playoff time.

Let's also keep in mind though that before Saban got to Bama they were down for a long time. It can happen to any program if they make the wrong hires

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Let's also keep in mind though that before Saban got to Bama they were down for a long time. It can happen to any program if they make the wrong hires

Bama has LSU, Florida, and Auburn pushing them to be better. Not including the years Ole Miss, Mississippi State, etc pop up out of nowhere. Saban was quoted when he first got to Bama as saying they wanted to dominate Auburn (that didn't happen :mjgrin:)... That's the whole reason they went out and got Saban. Before him they had Franchionne, Dubose, Shula....coaches people barely remember now. Getting dominated by Auburn. :troll: