The OFFICIAL 2016 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Daps
They went 11-2 and 9-3 and were top 20 ranked the seasons before they hired petrino he just took the to the next level. They were terrible before Strong

:stopitslime:

This is why you can't just Google your way thru a debate.

Yeah, they had a couple good seasons prior to Petrino taking over after John L Smith left for Michigan State. But the foundation of those John L Smith teams was the high powered offense that they implemented into the program. An offense that was created by John L Smith's Offensive Coordinator; who went by the name of Bobby Petrino.:childplease:

I can tell u as someone who was a student during the John L and Petrino years that those impressive records are moreso the byproduct of being stranded in a garbage ass Conference USA. Those teams before Petrino rarely got to play any big names, even in bowls because the C-USA tie ins sucked.

The '06 Louisville team is better than any squad Charlie Strong had, including the team that beat Florida in the Sugar Bowl.

Louisville football fell off because when Petrino left they replaced him with a cornball named Steve Kragthorpe, who took it upon himself to do shyt like read Bible verses in the locker room, send spys out to the clubs to keep tabs on players, and do random drug tests on players, then suspend or cut them if they failed. Team had EVERYBODY back from a 12-1 team, and they went 6-6 because that clown totally destroyed the culture Petrino had in place. (which was admittedly a savage one :demonic:)

Strong turned things around, but none of those teams are anywhere close to this year's Louisville squad, or the squads Petrino had the last two years of his first stint here. Most of the top guys on the roster are Petrino recruits. Including Lamar Jackson.

So don't get it twisted, Strong helped Louisville bounce back from a 3 year slump, but Petrino is the architect of the program.

DAlbert

All Star
Daps

Yeah, they had a couple good seasons prior to Petrino taking over after John L Smith left for Michigan State. But the foundation of those John L Smith teams was the high powered offense that they implemented into the program. An offense that was created by John L Smith's Offensive Coordinator; who went by the name of Bobby Petrino.:childplease:

I can tell u as someone who was a student during the John L and Petrino years that those impressive records are moreso the byproduct of being stranded in a garbage ass Conference USA. Those teams before Petrino rarely got to play any big names, even in bowls because the C-USA tie ins sucked.

The '06 Louisville team is better than any squad Charlie Strong had, including the team that beat Florida in the Sugar Bowl.

Louisville football fell off because when Petrino left they replaced him with a cornball named Steve Kragthorpe, who took it upon himself to do shyt like read Bible verses in the locker room, send spys out to the clubs to keep tabs on players, and do random drug tests on players, then suspend or cut them if they failed. Team had EVERYBODY back from a 12-1 team, and they went 6-6 because that clown totally destroyed the culture Petrino had in place. (which was admittedly a savage one :demonic:)

Strong turned things around, but none of those teams are anywhere close to this year's Louisville squad, or the squads Petrino had the last two years of his first stint here. Most of the top guys on the roster are Petrino recruits. Including Lamar Jackson.

So don't get it twisted, Strong helped Louisville bounce back from a 3 year slump, but Petrino is the architect of the program.
Say fam whats your opinion on Vance Bedford :jbhmm:

Daps
Say fam whats your opinion on Vance Bedford :jbhmm:

He's decent. Really just an extension of Charlie IMO. His right hand man. I would be shocked if Charlie ever fired him. That's his boy.

One thing the national media never really picked up on when he was at Louisville, was how much the fanbase fukking HATED Charlie's offense. Fans were calling for Shawn Watson's head every season. I still can't believe he was OC at Texas for as long as he was. The offense was boring and unoriginal.

Strong is dope at recruiting and motivating players, and he has a great defensive mind. But he's clueless on offense, game management, and making adjustments. He should give half of his salary to Teddy Bridgewater, because he's definitely not at Texas right now without that kid.

DAlbert

All Star
Daps
He's decent. Really just an extension of Charlie IMO. His right hand man. I would be shocked if Charlie ever fired him. That's his boy.

One thing the national media never really picked up on when he was at Louisville, was how much the fanbase fukking HATED Charlie's offense. Fans were calling for Shawn Watson's head every season. I still can't believe he was OC at Texas for as long as he was. The offense was boring and unoriginal.

Strong is dope at recruiting and motivating players, and he has a great defensive mind. But he's clueless on offense, game management, and making adjustments. He should give half of his salary to Teddy Bridgewater, because he's definitely not at Texas right now without that kid.

:francis: ain't nothing change at Texas I'll tell you that, well except bringing in a spread OC which has been dope so far. Its like dude always has a shocked face when shyt isn't going right in game. Texas imo was really a big step and he's still learning on the job. Hopefully he gets it.

Last edited:

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Vols' Win Over UF Wasn't What You Think It Was

Pretty good breakdown of Tennessee's win over Florida.

Basically says that Tennessee's offense is unstoppable when we're not deliberately hiding Dobbs or our scheme like we did the first 3 games.

Florida got to see the full playbook and they were lucky we dropped the ball so much in the first half or we woulda put 50+ points on em.

Vols will win the natty yall.

Prepare yourself.
:laff:

I like how you keeping the Lamar Jackson Avi so you can jump right back on Louisville bandwagon when Dobbs plays like the trash QB he is.

They may not lose to GA cause the bulldogs are transitioning with a new coach.

But they'll look like shyt soon enough for you to distance yourself :mjlol:

Last edited:

KRiLL (+)

Yo! Ho! Ho!
Daps
Reppin
Straw Hat Pirates
Ny title contenders by conference at this point

BIG

OSU
Michigan
Wisconsin
Nebraska
Michigan St
all these team are frauds.. Michigan is the biggest fraud of them all, they're only highly ranked because of Jim Harbaugh name & the media having a hard on for him.. they'll have 2 or 3 L's by the time we beat them...
9ONjW4R.png

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama

Lmaooooo Petrino was the OC for one year in 98. He wasn't there when they won 11 and 9 games and were ranked top 20 breh.... He built on the success John L Smith had. He didn't build Louisville from scratch at all.

Ok so u agree Strong walked into a tougher situation? Thanks that was my point

Daps
:francis: ain't nothing change at Texas I'll tell you that. Its like dude always has a shocked face when shyt isn't going right in game. Texas imo was really a big step and he's still learning on the job. Hopefully he gets it.

Him going to Texas was unexpected as far as the Louisville fanbase goes. We knew he wasn't going to stay here long term, but we also didn't think he was ready for a top tier job. He wasn't comfortable dealing with media or being a public figure. And the media duties at Louisville ain't shyt because most of the attention goes towards basketball. His X's and O's weren't elite either. We all figured he would leave when the Florida job opened up, but Texas???

We weren't totally devastated when he left, because at that time it had been a forgone conclusion for 2 years that Strong would eventually leave, and when he did, Petrino would come back up from coaching Western Kentucky. The Entire Petrino family moved back to Louisville when he got the WKU job, and his whole staff there was old Louisville guys. The shocker was that Strong went to TEXAS. Alwayß felt he wasn't built for that stage.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
all these team are frauds.. Michigan is the biggest fraud of them all, they're only highly ranked because of Jim Harbaugh name & the media having a hard on for him.. they'll have 2 or 3 L's by the time we beat them...
9ONjW4R.png

The only hard on being proven today, is the giant block M one that you've got up your ass today fam.

Y'all beat a fraudulent Oklahoma team and you guys are tested? :upsetfavre:

One can argue that this years Colorado team would wipe the turf with the Sooners this year. :ufdup:

But don't worry. We'll see you in November. :obama:

KRiLL (+)

Yo! Ho! Ho!
Daps
Reppin
Straw Hat Pirates
The only hard on being proven today, is the giant block M one that you've got up your ass today fam.

Y'all beat a fraudulent Oklahoma team and you guys are tested? :upsetfavre:

One can argue that this years Colorado team would wipe the turf with the Sooners this year. :ufdup:

But don't worry. We'll see you in November. :obama:
you talking bout the same "giant block M" thats been shytted on in November for the pass 10+ yrs?
kIqdrk1.png

HErqpes.gif

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

Back to the kids table Hurts :wow:

Daps
Lmaooooo Petrino was the OC for one year in 98. He wasn't there when they won 11 and 9 games and were ranked top 20 breh.... He built on the success John L Smith had. He didn't build Louisville from scratch at all.

Ok so u agree Strong walked into a tougher situation? Thanks that was my point

He put his signature offense in place, and John L ran with it during his entire stint at Louisville. When John L left, UofL's AD Tom Jurich already knew he wanted Petrino to take his place because he thought he was an offensive genius.

Tougher situation? Not necessarily. Sure, Louisville went 4-8 the season before Strong got there, but most of that was because we had a coach in Steve Kragthorpe that the team had completely given up on and didn't respect or listen to. It was clear midway thru Kragthorpe's first season that he wasn't going to work out. His tenure also happened to coincide with Brian Kelly's dominance at Cincinnati, and Rich Rodriguez's high powered offenses at West Virginia. Our AD just gave him 3 years off GP. Most felt no matter who came in after him was going to get off to a quick start.

Petrino first came in when Louisville was preparing to jump from C-USA to the Big East, which at the time was a major step up in competition. Not only did Petrino make a smooth transition, but he flourished immediately.

Fans didn't buy in to Charlie until the end of his second season. Then his 3rd year he edged out Rutgers for the Big East title the final game of the season, setting up the blowout of Florida in the Sugar Bowl.

You could make an argument that Petrino had a tougher situation when he came in AFTER Strong. Had to lead the team into the ACC. A huge step up in competition.

But bottom line is you can't just build your case based off of some W-L records you Googled fam. I've been a Louisville Fan all my life. Lived in this city my entire life. Went to High School with John L Smith's kids, went to college with Bobby Petrino's kids, and have dozens of friends that have played under every Louisville coach that's been in place since the turn of the century. I'm not going off some damn Wikipedia page. I'm speaking about what I KNOW to be true. What I actually witnessed and lived through.

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
He put his signature offense in place, and John L ran with it during his entire stint at Louisville. When John L left, UofL's AD Tom Jurich already knew he wanted Petrino to take his place because he thought he was an offensive genius.

Tougher situation? Not necessarily. Sure, Louisville went 4-8 the season before Strong got there, but most of that was because we had a coach in Steve Kragthorpe that the team had completely given up on and didn't respect or listen to. It was clear midway thru Kragthorpe's first season that he wasn't going to work out. His tenure also happened to coincide with Brian Kelly's dominance at Cincinnati, and Rich Rodriguez's high powered offenses at West Virginia. Our AD just gave him 3 years off GP. Most felt no matter who came in after him was going to get off to a quick start.

Petrino first came in when Louisville was preparing to jump from C-USA to the Big East, which at the time was a major step up in competition. Not only did Petrino make a smooth transition, but he flourished immediately.

Fans didn't buy in to Charlie until the end of his second season. Then his 3rd year he edged out Rutgers for the Big East title the final game of the season, setting up the blowout of Florida in the Sugar Bowl.

You could make an argument that Petrino had a tougher situation when he came in AFTER Strong. Had to lead the team into the ACC. A huge step up in competition.

But bottom line is you can't just build your case based off of some W-L records you Googled fam. I've been a Louisville Fan all my life. Lived in this city my entire life. Went to High School with John L Smith's kids, went to college with Bobby Petrino's kids, and have dozens of friends that have played under every Louisville coach that's been in place since the turn of the century. I'm not going off some damn Wikipedia page. I'm speaking about what I KNOW to be true. What I actually witnessed and lived through.
So now we are giving Petrino credit for wins when he wasn't at a school and creating the hurry up spread offense? :deadmanny:

Thats cool and all but u are wrong. U should be well aware of what they did under John L. And Petrino was not the OC so u were wrong about that too. And wouldn't winning right away be more indicative of the talent already in place?

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
9ONjW4R.png

osu is the biggest fraud of them all, they're only highly ranked because of urban meyer name & the media having a hard on for him.. they'll have 2 or 3 L's by the time we beat them...:ehh: