The OFFICIAL 2016 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Lol that's definitely not happening. LSU is a huge upgrade over Houston why wouldnt Herman leave is the question

Houston will probably join the Big 12 in a year or two. He has an easier road to the national championship at Houston right now than he would at LSU. He's getting all these Texas/Louisiana recruits to come to Houston on top of it. I think he's waiting out the Texas or Texas A&M jobs anyway.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Houston will probably join the Big 12 in a year or two. He has an easier road to the national championship at Houston right now than he would at LSU. He's getting all these Texas/Louisiana recruits to come to Houston on top of it. I think he's waiting out the Texas or Texas A&M jobs anyway.
But he would literally have to go undefeated every year to even have a shot at playoff

He would get better players at LSU plus more margin for error

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Lol he's not getting recruits at all. Houston is 40th right now in the rankings...... And Ed Oliver was there first ever 5 star last year. They have no 5 star or 4 stars committed so far this recruiting season..... So no. And LSU stays top 5 recruiting wise so there is a huge gap in talent b/w Houston and LSU. Once Herman puts his system in and finds him a QB he will be dominating at LSU like Les should be. I could see maybe waiting for Texas but dont look like Strong is going anywhere anytime soon and same with Texas A&M.. but LSU>>A&M

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
But he would literally have to go undefeated every year to even have a shot at playoff

He would get better players at LSU plus more margin for error

Their schedule is cupcake status. They could easily win out every year, and that won't be a problem once they join the Big 12. He's already getting 4-stars and I think 1 5-star player to come to Houston too. College football is a lot different today than it use to be. These 4-star and 5-star kids will go to the less "traditional" schools as long as their coach is there and they get playing time.

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Their schedule is cupcake status. They could easily win out every year, and that won't be a problem once they join the Big 12. He's already getting 4-stars and I think 1 5-star player to come to Houston too. College football is a lot different today than it use to be. These 4-star and 5-star kids will go to the less "traditional" schools as long as their coach is there and they get playing time.
He's not tho..

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
Unless FSU implodes even more this year, I don't see Jimbo going to LSU. It's a lateral move. The only way Jimbo is leaving FSU is if he decides to go to the NFL or they fire him.

He knows LSU and People getting on him at Tallahassee. LSU would love any sign of offense right now. Fisher would great for both sides.

Also, Herman will be on a land mine in Louisiana. Only flagship school in a top 10 recruiting state.

Both would consider it.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
He knows LSU and People getting on him at Tallahassee. LSU would love any sign of offense right now. Fisher would great for both sides.

Also, Herman will be on a land mine in Louisiana. Only flagship school in a top 10 recruiting state.

Both would consider it.

There was a rumor floating around before the season started that Saban would entertain going back to LSU too. I didn't really buy into it, but you never know :patrice:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Don't think Auburn can really fire Gus unless he really fukks up. Isn't his buyout big? plus IIRC they are still paying the previous 2 HCs.
More than likely, the move to give play calling to Rhett was a suggestion (declaration) that he scapegoats his boy. Whether Rhett actually succeeds or not, if they want change, they'll see the defensive success and offensive lack thereof and fire the one calling plays for the offense. E.G why hiring one of the Briles as OC has become such a hot commodity

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
There was a rumor floating around before the season started that Saban would entertain going back to LSU too. I didn't really buy into it, but you never know :patrice:

I heard that too. Apparently, his wife loves Baton Rouge, and Nick's good friends lives here ( I stay in Baton Rouge lol). However, Alabama will match anything to keep Saban.