The OFFICIAL 2016 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Who's yall top 5 HC's in CFB currently not including Saban and Urban because that's obvious?
:patrice:

Herman
Harbaugh
Dantonio
G.Patterson
Shaw

Then again its hard for me to say Petrino is better than someone like Dantonio when Lamar Jackson is just such a badass and dude has knocked off Urban twice

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I don't see Fournette goin off on him like last year, were goin to need a big game from our receivers.

I hear AU has a struggling offensive line, if that's the case our defense gon eat. Amanda just now starting to open things up and the D line is so nasty :banderas: Keys, Godchaux, Valentine, and Neal all of them are goin to play on Sundays.

It's only a matter of time before teams start double teaming Keys and that's gon open things up for everyone else

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I don't see Fournette goin off on him like last year, were goin to need a big game from our receivers.

I hear AU has a struggling offensive line, if that's the case our defense gon eat. Amanda just now starting to open things up and the D line is so nasty :banderas: Keys, Godchaux, Valentine, and Neal all of them are goin to play on Sundays.

It's only a matter of time before teams start double teaming Keys and that's gon open things up for everyone else

Key was one of the guys that stood out to me in the Alabama game last year so no surprise at the start he's having.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Aye michigan brehs how rashan gary looking?
Good. Better than a freshman, behind the play a LOT, has a sack. He will be better when taco Charlton comes back to get attention, as Michigan transitions to conference play on Saturday

Speaking of, still debating on going :patrice: might have to go back to back

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
@portcityplaya from mlive following the Colorado game

Other observations:

• Michigan obviously wants Taco Charlton back in the lineup, no question. But Rashan Gary's earned more snaps. A lot more.

Chase Winovich had a fine day two weeks ago against Central Florida, but wasn't great during the first quarter Saturday. Michigan puts Gary in the game in the second quarter and he instantly makes momentum-swinging plays.

On one series, with Michigan down 21-14, Gary nearly forces a three-and-out on his own. He dominates a zone read on first down, he sets a strong edge on second down and then just abuses a left tackle on third a long.

Abuses. He's lightning quick off the ball. He's low. He rips right through a block and stretches out to force an incompletion with a QB hurry.

Gary had a good day. There's still kinks to work out (he got too deep on an off-tackle play that went for a first down) but the light is starting to come on for him. He played more than 40 snaps Saturday, per Pro Football Focus, and it looks like he's earned more going forward.​
And a bonus snippet :smugbaugh:

• No idea why anyone tries anything on the edge toward Peppers' side of the field anymore. It makes no sense.

As was the case last season, Peppers is so good at diagnosing screens and flares and he's just too fast for receivers or linemen. He rarely gets blocked in these instances and it almost always results in a tackle for loss.
:levelsbaugh:​

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

8tN3s.gif

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville

They had the offensive line doing stupid stuff like trying to pull a guard to block an "elite" pass rusher......You don't do that. It wasn't so much of the offensive line as people made it out to be, just some badly though out plays Gus was running. Like I said, if he doesn't adjust he's gone. If we get somebody like a Herman or a Bryles in here next year, they'd do damage with the talent we currently have on roster. Not bad talent, just bad coaching right now.

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
They had the offensive line doing stupid stuff like trying to pull a guard to block and "elite" pass rusher......You don't do that. It wasn't so much of the offensive line as people made it out to be, just some badly though out plays Gus was running. Like I said, if he doesn't adjust he's gone. If we get somebody like a Herman or a Bryles in here next year, they'd do damage with the talent we currently have on roster. Not bad talent, just bad coaching right now.
He thought the full back was gon block Garrett :mjlol: