The OA Official [Discusion Thread]

rhoff113

Rookie
Daps
I like the way they try to be entertaining. The ending was good but my favorite scene is with the "guest star".
Behind the hipster/new age bullshyt and the lame romance, it's cool how they jump from genre to genre. They copycat but with respect.

Sometimes, the show seem so cheap like the gen pop room of the mental institution or some actors.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Just finished the finale :mindblown:

This shyt was actually written extremely well

Most shows/movies that have time travel or other dimensions are usually confusing as fukk with a bunch plot holes

My one gripe is they have to stop using that “i lost my memory” crutch

They did it in season 1 with OA,in season 2 with Homer,and now it looks like OA gonna lose her memory again because of the head injury next season :beli:

Watching people perform the 5 movements is still hilarious but it seems less goofy/cringy than it did last season.I guess im just used to seeing it now

Overall this season was ALOT better than the 1st one

Hope it gets a 3rd season

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
What do y’all mean “by 5th wall” though :patrice:
when the dove flies out the attic and knocks her out of the air she gets dropped into a dimension where they are actually filming the tv show “The OA”

Thats why they call her Brit(thats the actresses real name) and Hap says his name is Jason(the actors real name)

bnew

Veteran
Daps
really impressed with how well-written season 2 was, the way things ended up tying back together in a way the audience would have a difficult time predicting reminded me of how desperate housewives wove their stories.

the way homer was integrated was cool, caught me by surprise since the build up was brief. Elodie is an interesting character, i really hope we get to see her backstory. She left the dimension and returned to teach the oa how she can integrate. The mechanical cubes doing the movements was dope as fukk, i assume she has to get the materials to build them on each inter-dimensional travel. I don't want to wait 3 years for another season but i have to admit this season was worth the wait.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
when the dove flies out the attic and knocks her out of the air she gets dropped into a dimension where they are actually filming the tv show “The OA”

Thats why they call her Brit(thats the actresses real name) and Hap says his name is Jason(the actors real name)

Yea I figured that was what was happening. So he’s her real life husband though?

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Alright but can you explain to me one thing?

What was that scene with the octopus/squid thing all about.

It seemed to have absolutely nothing to do with the plot or storyline.

It was just weird
It was very weird, but it was just highlighting her abilities as a medium, and pointing her in the right direction. Same as the scene with the trees. I think, at least.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Alright but can you explain to me one thing?

What was that scene with the octopus/squid thing all about.

It seemed to have absolutely nothing to do with the plot or storyline.

It was just weird
Scroll up and watch the video I posted

It explains it at around the 10:50 mark

The octopus aka Old Knight is Azrael the angel of death

He sent her into the future/another dimension to wake herself up because she forgot her purpose/mission

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Scroll up and watch the video I posted

It explains it at around the 10:50 mark

The octopus aka Old Knight is Azrael the angel of death

He sent her into the future/another dimension to wake herself up because she forgot her purpose/mission

Yea but it seemed like a reoccurring thing that she was doing (or being forced to do) for an audience. Like it seemed scripted.

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I didn't like it as much as season 1 at all. it was borderline bad sometimes. critics are wrong on this one imo first season was superior

but i was never bored and am still in on a possible season 3 or wrap up movie whatever they do.

it didnt have as many dope visual flourishes as season 1.

i thought zendaya was great, first time seeing her not play herself.