The Night House is probably the best horror film of 2021 so far.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
There's been a lot of low key great and enjoyable horror/slasher movies to come out this year (Green Knight, The Fear Street Trilogy, Candyman) 2021 has been an excellent year for horror. I will check this out as well.

Last edited:

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
What wasn't clear to me is how powerful Nothing really is. I guess he cannot physically kill her but he was choking, slamming and twisting her ass up in the end so might as well have.

I guess he could psychologically haunt/torture and make them feel like he's killing them but not actually able to physically do it. When she's in the boat at the end with Nothing she doesn't seem all beaten/twisted up

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
There's been a lot of low key great and enjoyable horror/slasher movies to come out this year (Green Knight, The Fear Street Trilogy, Candyman) 2021 has been an excellent year for horror. I will check this out as well.
The Green Knight is def neither a horror, nor a slasher. LOL.

Everyone I recommended this to did not like it. I said somewhere else that i think it hits differently if you have been through grief recently. in the theater it was unsettling and that jump scare is still an all-timer. my mom watched it at home and said she didn't jump :francis:

Daps
When she found the dead bodies underneath the floor boards I was expecting it to take a dark turn, which unfortunately, it never did. It would've served it a lot better if it did, because it was just meandering at the point, teasing us with dread (the occult books → statue → dead bodies). In the end it felt just like another iteration of The Invisible Man, masquerading about dealing with grief.

Daps
The Green Knight is def neither a horror, nor a slasher. LOL.

Everyone I recommended this to did not like it. I said somewhere else that i think it hits differently if you have been through grief recently. in the theater it was unsettling and that jump scare is still an all-timer. my mom watched it at home and said she didn't jump :francis:
Does it really?

:manny:

At no point do we really ever get to see her actually grieving, and what I mean by that is, it's simply her investigating the sounds and movements of what's happening in her house. The classroom scene with her student's teacher is the closest we really get to see her in that state. We get to see her isolated in the house, but we don't get to feel her isolation. We get to see her suppressing the pain, but because it views as a countless retelling of a haunted house, we don't get to feel that either.

It was an amalgamation of a number of horror films that it really didn't end up having an identity of its own.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What I took from it was Beth basically cheated death aka "Nothing" when she had her car accident and was supposed to die. Death/Nothing then tried to possess or brainwash her husband and get him to kill her but he loved her too much. So he built a fake lookalike house and killed women who looked like her in order to trick Death/Nothing. However Death/Nothing eventually figured out the trick and the husband went mad from the stress of killing/being tormented by an evil spirit and took his own life. Nothing then tries to finish the job of killing Beth at the end of the movie.

damn breh thats what i assumed but props for clearing it up

:ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
My Set

That wasnt a horror or a slasher...and it sucked. Did you even watch that movie or was you on that bullshyt trying to get daps

Daps
Reppin
My Set
This movie was good but it, wasnt executed well enough to scare me. Its like bytch you out here looking for the damn ghost, bytch lowkey wanna fukk the ghost n shyt. Maybe if she acted more scared then it could have been scary but she was on some G shyt.

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
Watched this last night; was dope!
I was a little confused when it ended though, thinking they didn’t go the supernatural route, but once I read up on it, I got it. I’d highly recommend.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
When she found the dead bodies underneath the floor boards I was expecting it to take a dark turn, which unfortunately, it never did. It would've served it a lot better if it did, because it was just meandering at the point, teasing us with dread (the occult books → statue → dead bodies). In the end it felt just like another iteration of The Invisible Man, masquerading about dealing with grief.
Exactly
they did not address the bodies which was A BIG DEAL, nor did they ever reference the mazes as the movie went along…