The Night House is probably the best horror film of 2021 so far.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
shyt was intense. :damn:

Visual was on point
Writing wasn't pretentious or dragging the pace
No convoluted twist
Rebecca Hall own that shyt
The ancipation and build up was excellent

When shyt gets real like damn... Went to another level.

shyt was a roller-coaster.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I thought it was a really good watch and Rebecca Hall carried this hard. It flew under the radar after Candyman and Malignant dropped sadly and isn’t getting the attention it deserves.

Horror films that dive deep into the exploration of grief probably affect me the most out of all the sub-genres. It’s real, and there were some moments that tugged on the heartstrings when I watched this. The sense of dread and overall atmosphere felt accomplished here because I was dreading sundown all throughout the film.

I still need to watch Saint Maud, but this was definitely one of the better crafted horror films this year.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Shyt was cool but confusing af

What I took from it was Beth basically cheated death aka "Nothing" when she had her car accident and was supposed to die. Death/Nothing then tried to possess or brainwash her husband and get him to kill her but he loved her too much. So he built a fake lookalike house and killed women who looked like her in order to trick Death/Nothing. However Death/Nothing eventually figured out the trick and the husband went mad from the stress of killing/being tormented by an evil spirit and took his own life. Nothing then tries to finish the job of killing Beth at the end of the movie.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
What I took from it was Beth basically cheated death aka "Nothing" when she had her car accident and was supposed to die. Death/Nothing then tried to possess or brainwash her husband and get him to kill her but he loved her too much. So he built a fake lookalike house and killed women who looked like her in order to trick Death/Nothing. However Death/Nothing eventually figured out the trick and the husband went mad from the stress of killing/being tormented by an evil spirit and took his own life. Nothing then tries to finish the job of killing Beth at the end of the movie.
it's like a really good Final Destination film

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City

What wasn't clear to me is how powerful Nothing really is. I guess he cannot physically kill her but he was choking, slamming and twisting her ass up in the end so might as well have.